Minimum $31.23 Midpoint $41.38 Maximum $51.52
4 Year Degree
Internal Number: R-25424
The Child Life Supervisor is responsible for oversight of the daily operations of the Child Life department. Coordinates services with the interdisciplinary team to ensure quality patient care across the healthcare continuum. Provides supervision to members of assigned child life team and monitors child life programs and services provided to patients and families.
• Required: Minimum four (4) years working as a certified child life specialist. Must have previous leadership and supervisory experience with staff and/or students.
• Preferred: Seven (7) years of clinical experience as a certified child life specialist. Previous research and or quality improvement experience.
• Required: Bachelor’s degree in child life, child development, family studies or related field. Must meet current certified child life specialist educational requirements set forth by the Association of Child Life Professionals (ACLP).
• Preferred: Master’s degree in child life, child development, or related field.
• Required: Must have completed a minimum of 600 hours of a child life clinical internship under the direct supervision of a Certified Child Life Specialist.
• Preferred: Leadership and/or business development.
• Required: Ability to build and establish positive relationships with staff and multidisciplinary team. Ability to interact with donors and the community. Experience managing multiple projects while maintaining exceptional customer service standards. Strong interpersonal skills.
• Preferred: Demonstrated strength in building and articulating a vision and setting goals. Strong analytical, problem-solving, and strategic thinking skills to understand and anticipate the impact and opportunities across multiple critical projects. Experience presenting findings / recommendations to Executive level audiences. Intermediate or advanced computer, spreadsheet, & database skills.
• Required: Certified Child Life Specialist. Basic Life Support (BLS) through American Heart Association or CHOC BLS Prep Course for RQI completed within 90 days of hire or transfer into position.
Recognized year after year as national leader in employee engagement, and named one of the best children’s hospitals by U.S. News & World Report, this is an exciting time to be at CHOC. Our campus is constantly growing and offering new state-of-the art programs and services as we continue to meet the needs of more than 250,000 children annually, making the opportunities for career enrichment endless.
We offer highly competitive salary levels and benefits, but the personal growth and fulfillment you’ll find at CHOC, coupled with an inspiring mission to nurture, advance, and protect the health and well being of children, are perhaps the most valuable payouts of all. We hope you will join our dedicated and talented team of associates committed to the highest standards of care and making a difference in the lives of children in Orange County – and beyond.