The role of this position is to assist with the provision of clinical services to at-risk children and their caregivers under the direction of a mental health therapist and supervision of a Licensed Social Worker, Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, or Psychologist.
• Valid Driver’s license and own transportation is required.
• Bachelor’s degree in child development, social work, human behavior, rehabilitation, psychology or related social science field.
• Four (4) years of direct care experience in a mental health related field.
• Experience working independently and as part of a team.
• Knowledge of and experience with but not limited to various software programs (e.g., WordPerfect, Microsoft Word, Excel, Access), email systems and internet.
• Knowledge of child, elder abuse, and domestic violence reporting requirements, and other significant legislation and laws regulating social work practice, (e.g., Tarasoff, confidentiality, etc.) with the ability to make appropriate interventions based on law and policy.
• Interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills to clearly, effectively and diplomatically interact with a diverse group of individuals at all levels within the organization to convey instructions, directions and information appropriately and accurately while and promoting the goals of the organization.
• Organizational skill to organize a variety of concurrent activities, set realistic goals and objectives, plan ahead and meet deadlines without compromising quality.
• Good writing, verbal, and planning skills.
• Applicants are encouraged to upload license and certification if required of the position.
• Experience in providing behavioral management to children and be knowledgeable about child development.
• Bilingual Spanish speaking.
• Participate in the DMV Pull Notice
• This position may be subject to a criminal background investigation, drug screen, Live Scan fingerprinting, medical evaluation clearance, and functional capacity assessment.
• The University of California has implemented a SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) Vaccination Program SARS-CoV-2 Vaccination Policy (ucop.edu) covering all employees. To be compliant with the policy, employees must submit proof of vaccination or a University-approved exception or deferral.
To view full job description and submit an on-line application visit UC Davis Career Opportunities at: