Under general supervision create and maintain a professional office environment that will promote efficiency and support the daily operations for all services offered through the LMU Children's Center. Serve as the primary liaison for the Children Center to the Staff and Families.
Position Specific Accountabilities
1. Provide skilled administrative support to the department. Prepare confidential and non-confidential letters, memoranda, e-mail, and other documents. Handle highly sensitive and/or urgent information with diplomacy; maintain surroundings in a clean and professional manner including shared spaces and bulletin boards.
2. Hire, supervise, train, and coordinate schedules of work study students. Process student work awards in coordination with financial aid and Student Employment Services. Review student timecards for accuracy and approve; track weekly/semester/yearly accumulations of student hours and compare/contrast with student worker budget allocations. Bring discrepancies to the attention of the Director.
3. Coordinate schedule of the Director and assist with correspondence as well as communication with staff, families, students, and other related parties.
4. Answer questions about routine policies and practices at the Children Center based on California State Licensing regulations and National Association for the Education of Young Children Accreditation requirements as well as modern child development schools of thought.
5. Review and edit information in Children's Center staff manuals, in publications, and bulletins, to ensure current, relevant, and accurate information across platforms.
6. Monitor, resolve and reconcile office coordination issues; recommend changes to increase/expand office efficiency and professionalism.
7. "Meet and greet" parents and other visitors to the Children's Center. Respond to calls facilitating resolution of callers' inquiries. Schedule and conduct parent tours.
8. Oversee and ensure proper maintenance of all Children's Center files (electronic and paper) including but not limited to: accreditation records, licensing records, student/parent demographic data, staff notifications, calendars, parent and/or staff communications, and edit and proof read documents such as the Newsletter, etc. Perform audits as necessary to ensure completeness and accuracy of files.
9. Facilitate the processing of tuition fees ensuring timely deposit, appropriate receipts, and tracking of parent accounts. Perform monthly reconciliation of tuition and other payments between ProCare and Concur. Monitor past-due balances and follow proper collection procedures.
10. Assist with bookkeeping duties to track budgets.
11. Maintain general written materials and assist in keeping forms and other written documents current and available upon request.
12. Disseminate information and answer general questions regarding the Children's Center.
13. Assist Director with research related to the Children's Center operations, programming, compliance, and other activities. This includes covering in the classrooms on an ongoing basis.
14. Help maintain the Waitlist. Return calls to parents regarding the Waitlist process and enrollment. Assist in the processing of new child enrollments.
15. Perform other duties consistent with the functions required of staff of the Children's' Center and as assigned by the Director.
Loyola Marymount University Expectations
Exhibit behavior that supports the mission, vision, and values of the LMU. Communicate and employ interpersonal actions that models high standards of professional, responsible, accountable, and ethical conduct. Demonstrate a commitment to outstanding customer service.
* Typically a Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience. Incumbent will be expected to continue upgrading knowledge, skills, and abilities needed to keep abreast of regulation/policy changes.
* Minimum of four years general office experience with emphasis on customer service and direct responsibility for problem solving or facilitating customer inquiries. Preferred classroom teaching experience.
* Strong computer skills with expertise in Microsoft Office. Database experience highly desired.
* Manage multiple conflicting priorities. Communicate information in a way that encourages response to questions clients, customers, and the general public. Interpret a variety of instructions provided both orally and in written form.
* Ability to analyze, manage, multi-task, motivate, plan, organize and execute day-to-day operations; work under constant deadlines and maintain a rigorous and detail-oriented approach to each task; ability to assess, prioritize and delegate the flow of work on a daily basis; ability to write and edit memos, minutes, and other documents accurately and efficiently.
* Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills to competently assist staff and parents. Exceptional organizational skills.
$19.09 - $28.65 Salary commensurate with education and experience.Loyola Marymount University, a Carnegie classified R2 institution in the mainstream of American Catholic higher education, seeks outstanding applicants who value its mission and share its commitment to inclusive excellence, the education of the whole person, and the building of a just society. LMU is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment as defined by federal, state and local law. We invite all persons in the full diversity of their being, life experience, and beliefs to apply. (Visit www.lmu.edu for more information.)
Founded in 1911, LMU is a premier Catholic university rooted in the Jesuit and Marymount traditions. Our enrollment includes 5,962 undergraduate, 2,129 graduate and 1,278 law school students. Our 142-acre bluff-top campus is located in West Los Angeles and is among the nation's most beautiful and green campuses.