Location: Portland, Oregon
Function/Duties of Position
The Clinical Research Assistant 2 will be a lead research assistant in the Listos: School Readiness Lab. The lab is focused on research to engage Latino parents and providers in novel ways to promote school readiness in pediatrics.
The Clinical Research Assistant 2 will be responsible for development and Spanish translation of study materials, scheduling/organizing project meetings, and coordination across study sites, organizing recruitment efforts, interfacing with study subjects, completing pre/post assessments of children and parents, and preparing data for analysis.
The primary project will oversee evaluation of the School Readiness Coaching Program, a pilot research program, to support Latino parents with preschool aged children attending OHSU Bethany and Hillsboro Pediatrics for primary care.
The Clinical RA2 will support evaluation of the program with data collection and documentation in RedCap and chart reviews in Epic. They will help plan and facilitate biweekly professional development with additional coaches and clinic champions at each site. They will engage with research participants to collect and analyze research data, define and maintain proper HIPPA guidelines for study participants and collect data on the enrollees to be utilized in human participant?s research. They will help with translation and co-development of materials in both English and Spanish and lead focus groups with participants.
- Bachelor's in relevant field OR Associate's AND 2 years of relevant experience OR 3 years of relevant experience OR Equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Two (2) years relevant work experience in a mission-driven organization with one of those years being work experience with early childhood education or child development within underserved populations.
- Research experience with Latino families, mixed methods.
- Working with children and families in early childhood in a therapeutic capacity that allowed for compassionate, culturally-sensitive assistance.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Must be able to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Excellent telephone communication skills.
- Advanced research training such as an MPH or MS.
- Research experience with pediatrics.
- Quantitative data analysis and qualitative methods.
- Experience in providing parenting support, early learning programs or community outreach services.
- Excel, Microsoft.
- RedCap experience with building and data analysis.
- Experience working with preschool aged children in both English and Spanish.
- Experience working with an electronic health record; EPIC platform preferred.
- Interest and experience in program development, improvement, and assessment.
- Experience in community outreach services providing health information, advocacy, social support, and assistance engaging with the health care system.
- Knowledge of early learning and child development.
Upload cover letter and resume. Please be sure to include months and years to the resume for jobs/experience.
All are welcome
Oregon Health & Science University values a diverse and culturally competent workforce. We are proud of our commitment to being an equal opportunity, affirmative action organization that does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of any protected class status, including disability status and protected veteran status. Individuals with diverse backgrounds and those who promote diversity and a culture of inclusion are encouraged to apply. To request reasonable accommodation contact the Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Department at 503-494-5148 or email@example.com.