Keys School, a K-8 of approximately 320 students, seeks an After School Assistant for the Lower School After School Program. Keys School offers a hands-on education with balanced concern for students’ academic, social, emotional, and physical growth.
After School Assistant for the Lower School After School Program
- Monday-Friday 2:00-6:00pm.
- 8:00am-5:00pm during Professional Development, Conference Days, Holidays, and
- Opportunity for additional hours as scheduling and experience permits.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Bring joy and fun while engaging with and providing a safe and healthy environment for children grades K-4
- Build productive partnerships with parents so that they feel confident in the care, supervision, and programming offered during after school, conference days, and supplemental care
- Ensure student safety by complying with all school policies and procedures and staying up to date on school’s COVID regulations
- Provide care and supervision for students in grades kindergarten through four after school, on conference days, and when the School offers supplemental care
- Develop and oversee activities that are developmentally and seasonally appropriate and that align with the School’s mission and culture; these may include but are not limited to arts and crafts, cooking, board games, outside play, cooperative games, singing, and presentations by outside experts
- Work with the Lower School After Care Coordinator to plan and implement engaging age-appropriate activities for indoor spaces and our outdoor playground.
- Assist Lower School After Care Coordinator in coordinating field trips, After School Enrichment Classes and Summer Camp
- Work closely with extracurricular vendors
- Provide consistent and positive expectations
- Participate in School-wide events and meetings
- Accept and perform other duties, as assigned
Qualifications and Experience:
- Demonstrate a passion for Keys School and a keen ability to convey the School’s program, opportunities and vision to an array of constituencies
- Demonstrate cultural competence
- Demonstrate excellent and effective written and verbal communications
- Exhibit a cooperative team approach, complete with a good sense of humor and demonstration of a united front
- Display initiative, internal motivation, and a willingness to take on responsibilities beyond those explicitly defined
- Possess knowledge of child-development, enrichment and recreational programming, and comparable programs in the local market
- Exhibit sound judgment related to confidential conversations, projects, and information related to the School or any of its constituents including the effective communication regarding such matters to the appropriate individuals
- Possess and provide evidence of work towards an associates degree or higher, and/or equivalent training in a related field preferred
- One to three years of related professional experience.
- Occasional availability on nights or weekends
- Initial and continued criminal background clearance by DOJ and FBI
- Initial and continued tuberculosis clearance
- Maintain a valid driver’s license and the ability to transport oneself between two
The ideal candidate must have a desire to work with children and parents, be culturally competent, and have strong organizational and communication skills. They must be self-motivated, and dedicated to the mission of the school.
Salary: Non-exempt, hourly; varies on experience and qualifications Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and three to five references to email@example.com
Keys School is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, orientation or veteran status. For more information on the school, please visit keysschool.org