Ibukun Comprehensive Community Services has a new exciting career opportunity for qualified professionals interested in a leadership role as Program Manager.
All qualified applicants must submit their current resume and schedule an interview with the Human Resources department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Attached is the Program Manager job description for your review:
General Job Duties:
Under the direction of the Director of Clinical Services, the Program Manager will be required to provide child care, staff supervision, administrative, and programmatic activities pertinent to the plans/goals of each child in the group home as well as the specific duties highlighted below:
1. Supervise direct support professionals including completion of supervision note and oversee the daily operation of the residence.
2. Supervise documentation relating to medication administration in a timely and accurate manner.
3. Participate in intake and interviews for perspective client.
4. Plan and coordinate all daily activities for clients and ensure program schedule is followed.
5. Provide staff schedules, monthly menus, and coordinate weekly activities for the program youth.
6. Accurately maintain written documentation including progress notes of resident’s noting physical, mental, and behavioral changes.
7. Interact, guide and record behavioral observations in a timely and procedurally correct manner.
8. Participate as an active interdisciplinary team member, providing input about the client as needed and with program planning.
9. Account for and assist in the management of client funds and petty cash banks.
10. Enforce program rules and report any infraction of such to the Director of Clinical Services.
11. Provide 24/7 supervision for direct service professionals, and coverage where needed, according to agency policies and procedures and Ibukun Family Teaching Model.
12. Participate in training for internal staff as well as professionals from the community.
13. Provide constant reminders to children regarding consequences for both positive and negative behaviors; the importance of boundaries and provide positive reinforcement.
14. Maintain a safe and stable environment in the group home, e.g., halls are for walking not running; physical or verbal violence between residents (hitting, spitting, biting, or otherwise hurting) should not be tolerated; emotional violence should not be condoned, i.e., name calling; each resident have his own bed and trunk box and is entitled to his privacy; etc.
15. Provide weekly individual and group therapy and complete Medicaid notes required, and also checking to ensure that staff are entering Medicaid notes weekly and appropriately.
16. Assist the Clinical Director with completion of Mental Health Assessments (MHAs) and Individual Treatment Plans (ITPs) as well as attendance at ITP meetings.
17. Provide crisis intervention and counseling to prevent psychiatric hospitalizations.
18. Other duties not listed above but in keeping with the responsibility of a Therapeutic Group Home and/or as requested by the Director of Clinical Services.
1. Have a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited school in child development,
psychology, social work or other human services related field.
2. At least five (5) years of previous residential/group home staff supervisor experience with abused/neglected children as well as with children with behavior management problems.
3 Have the ability to communicate with youth with special needs and demonstrate skills in working with and managing children of the type served in the program.
4. Have good writing and oral communication skills.
5. Strong commitment to the operating philosophy of Ibukun Comprehensive Community Services (ICCS), the highest degree of honesty and integrity (reputable character) and personal character of a creditable role model for staff and clients.
6. Must have a valid Illinois driver’s license and the ability to transport clients in the event that the facility motor vehicle is unavailable for use; “State Acceptable” driving record to transport children. Must also have updated driving insurance policy available for the agency personnel files at all times.
7. Comparable work experience will be favorably considered.
8. Must be computer literate and able to perform Medicaid documentation as directed by Agency..
About Ibukun Comprehensive Community Services
IBUKUN Comprehensive Community Services (ICCS) is a not-for-profit social service agency established to provide group home placement, ongoing clinical evaluation, and therapeutic treatment for a wide range of child development and behavioral problems. Children and their families are provided treatment opportunities in a professional and sensitive environment in order to effect a positive change in their lives and mitigate the emotional, developmental, and behavioral disabilities resulting from family disruption.