The Margaret N. Perry Children's Center at the University of Tennessee at Martin is accepting applications for a part-time (70%) Child Care Aide II. This position will work closely with lead teachers and the teaching staff in all classrooms that guarantees the daily operations of the classroom provides a safe, secure and nurturing environment. The Child Care Aide II must be energetic, adaptable, and highly motivated to complete whatever task is assigned with children from six weeks to 12 years of age. The Child Care Aide II must also be attentive, provide appropriate guidance and supervision techniques, have an understanding of child development for all ages, and maintain and clean the classrooms and playground areas. The position is a part- time 50% position with partial benefits and the possibility of extended hours as needed.
* Be flexible and adaptable to move from one classroom to another on a moment's notice
* Provide for the personal needs of each child enrolled in the classroom
* Supervise children inside and outside the classroom
* Assist teachers to guarantee that daily schedules and routines are followed
* Communicate with parents verbally and in writing about children's daily routines as needed
* Assist teachers in providing and maintain a stimulating environment that meets 3-STAR guidelines
* Maintain written daily records
* Maintain the classroom and communicate potential problems to the lead teacher
* Attend and participate in extra-curricular programs
* Collaborate with the teaching staff to organize and maintain an environment to support program goals
* Required to complete the TECTA orientation classes at 1st available opportunity
* Must complete annual in-service training hours
* Must complete a physical and comply with state standards of health regulations
* Must complete CPR and First Aid training as required by state standards
Internal Number: 168085
The primary purpose of the University of Tennessee at Martin is to provide a quality undergraduate education in a traditional collegiate atmosphere characterized at all levels by close collaboration among students, faculty and staff. In addition, the university is dedicated to meeting lifelong educational needs by providing graduate programs, distance-learning opportunities and other creative endeavors. Furthermore, the university is committed to advancing the regional and global community through scholarly activities, research and public service.
BACK TO TOP
Stay informed by signing up for updates and notifications.