Division/College: College of Education, Health & Human Sciences
Employee Category: Classified
Pay Range: $15.87 per hour or higher commensurate with experience
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Position Summary: The Regional Quality Child Care Consultant under the direction of the lead consultant helps support the regional office in meeting the goals of the IdahoSTARS program by recruiting child care providers to the Idaho Child Care Program (ICCP), the IdahoSTARS Professional Development System (PDS), and the Quality Rating & Improvement System (QRIS). Consultants are responsible for providing consultation services, resources, and technical assistance to child care providers and registry participants.
- Bachelors Degree in Early Childhood or related field with coursework in child development PLUS minimum of two years successful experience in the field of early care and education; or Associate Degree in early childhood with five years experience in the field of early care and education.
- Ability to: maintain high level of confidentiality; strong interpersonal communication skills; manage a variety of projects simultaneously; portray a professional demeanor; work evenings and weekends.
- Knowledge of: Quality inclusive care; computer literate to include database experience; gathering, assembling, correlating, and analyzing facts; devising solutions to problems; writing concise reports; and interpreting federal or state regulations/guidelines.
- Minimum of five years experience in the field of early care and education and completion of the Child Care.
- Ability to use correct spelling, punctuation, and grammar in composing written statements.
- Health Consultant Training 60 hour curriculum, and enrollment in the IdahoSTARS Registry, and completion of Mentoring Training.
- Must possess a good understanding of the written and spoken English and Spanish languages utilizing appropriate grammar and accurate spelling.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
Posting Number: SP002011P
Posting Date: 11/26/2018
Open Until Filled: Yes
Special Instructions: In the letter of qualification, applicants need to address each individual minimum qualification, along with preferred qualifications that apply.Applications received by December 17, 2018 will receive first consideration. Position will remain open until a suitable pool of candidates is identified.
Background Check: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
Since 1889, the University of Idaho has provided motivated students with a transformative higher education experience that prepares them to solve real-world problems and achieve success in their lives and careers. Beginning with our beautiful residential campus in Moscow, the university’s reach extends throughout Idaho, serving over 12,000 students with educational centers in Coeur d’Alene, Boise and Idaho Falls, a research and extension center in Twin Falls, plus Extension offices in 42 counties. One of the nation’s land-grant research universities, U of I is a noted national leader in student-centered learning and interdisciplinary research that promotes public service. Our work serves businesses and communities, advancing the pursuit of diversity, citizenship and global outreach.
BACK TO TOP
Stay informed by signing up for updates and notifications.