Directs and manages the daily activities of the New Futures Child Development and Parenting Center. Responsible for developing and planning operational procedures to ensure a safe and healthy environment for children.
- Designs, establishes, and maintains an organizational structure and staffing to effectively accomplish the organization’s goals and objectives; recruits, employs, trains, supervises, and evaluates staff.
- Manages the annual budget for the child care facility.
- Develops and implements operational procedures and practices to ensure a safe and healthy environment for children.
- Serves as a liaison between teachers, parents, teen moms, and the school community for information, counseling, referrals, and problem resolution.
- Plans, develops, and implements strategies for generating resources and/or revenues for the child care center.
- Facilitates and implements CYFD requirements for revenue and licensing.
- Plans and organizes professional development and CYFD competencies for child care staff.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND EXPERIENCE:
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Flexibility, organization, decision-making and problem solving skills.
- Interpersonal skills with diverse populations in-person and on the telephone.
- Ability to meet deadlines, work on multiple projects and coordinate the work of others.
- Knowledge of word processing, database and spreadsheet software.
- Knowledge of adult training/staff development programs.
- Knowledge of district operations and procedures.
- Knowledge of child development theory and practice
- Excellent presentation and active listening skills.
- Ability to commit to continuous education and learning.
- Leadership and management skills.
- Knowledge of CYFD child care requirements and licensing standards.
- Strong connections to the early childhood community.
- Master’s Degree in education or related field.
- Valid New Mexico Education Administrative License.
- Six (6) years combined experience in early childhood education
Apply to www.aps.edu. District Support. A cover letter and resume must be submitted prior to 4:00 PM on the closing date of the advertisement for the application to be considered complete.
Internal Number: 00035178
About Albuquerque Public Schools
APS is New Mexico's largest school district, serving more than a fourth of the state's students.
Albuquerque Public Schools Administration Building
Albuquerque Public Schools is among the top 40 largest school district in the nation and the largest in New Mexico, serving nearly 84,000 students in 143 schools scattered across nearly 1,200 square miles. Our students live in the city of Albuquerque and the towns of Corrales and Los Ranchos; the counties of Bernalillo and Sandoval; and the pueblos of Isleta and Laguna.
Another 7,100 students attend APS-authorized charter schools.
APS is the largest employer in Albuquerque, providing full-time jobs for more than 12,000 people including 6,000 teachers.
Two-thirds of our students are Hispanic and 16.6 percent are English Learners. We also serve many students in need: nearly two-thirds qualify for the federal school meals program. Another 17 percent of students have disabilities.
Albuquerque Public Schools is governed by a seven-member, elected school board that sets policy and approves the annual budget. The board also hires the APS superintendent, who oversees the operations of the district.
BACK TO TOP
Stay informed by signing up for updates and notifications.