By The Hand Club For Kids is a faith-based, after-school program that emphasizes academic excellence and spiritual growth.We are seeking driven and compassionate youth workers (called "Team Leaders") to work with our 1st - 8th grade students. Please visit our website at www.bythehand.org for a list of our locations.
- Providing direct care to a team of up to 30 students
- Leading programming for the assigned team including computer-based reading activities, spiritual mentoring, and academic assistance.
- Maintaining student attendance and enrollment data
- Collecting student report cards on a quarterly basis
- Visiting with students' teachers and parents twice a year to track their progress and offer support.
NOTE: By The Hand is a not for profit religious organization. Individuals employed by By The Hand are working in ministerial roles and perform all or some of the following responsibilities: sharing the Gospel, leading Bible studies, and modeling behavior that is consistent with Christ’s teaching.
- Must have a personal and saving relationship with Jesus Christ, be a member or regular attender of a Bible-believing church, and model biblical/Christian principles
- Must have an Associates Degree or completion of at least two years of college course work in youth development, youth ministry or a related field
- Must have at least one full year of hands-on youth work experience with 1st-8th grade students in an urban environment including but not limited to:
*Developing relationships with students, families, schools and community resources
*Leading groups of students in academic, extra-curricular and spiritually enriching activities.
Additional Salary Information: Benefits include: Medical, Dental, Basic Life and AD & D, Long Term Disability, Retirement Savings Program and a Monthly Cell Phone Stipend
About By The Hand Club For Kids
By The Hand is a Chicago-based, Christ-centered after-school program that emphasizes academic excellence while nurturing the whole child—mind, body and soul.
BACK TO TOP
Stay informed by signing up for updates and notifications.