Health Nutrition safety Transportation Coordinator
Chicago Commons Association
August 29, 2018
Full Time - Experienced
POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for assuring that all compliance are met in the areas of health, safety, nutrition, and transportation for the Chicago Commons schools and all partner sites. He/she will support staff in meeting all rules, regulations, and procedures in these areas, as well as providing any needed assistance to families.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: (These include but are not limited to the following. The company reserves the right to add to, delete, change or modify the essential duties and responsibilities at any time.)
• Work with School Directors and Manager of Performance Standards to ensure compliance in the areas of Health, Safety, Nutrition, and Transportation.
• Assess program quality and make recommendations for program improvements to ensure compliance with funding requirements and quality programming for children.
• Monitor Health, Safety, Nutrition, and Transportation concerns at assigned schools/sites monthly.
• Works in coordination with anyone who is monitoring environments.
• Provides ongoing monitoring of student folders and files as needed.
• Monitor Health, Safety, Nutrition, and Transportation issues and concerns at assigned schools/sites weekly.
• Reviews and monitors all Health, Safety, Nutrition, and Transportation paperwork for submission to any funder.
• Annual monitoring of the Health, Safety, Nutrition, and Transportation components at the Chicago Commons Schools and partner sites.
• Monitors Community Partners sites and reports concerns to Child Development Administration.
• Works with other Central Office coordinators to develop Health, Safety, Nutrition, and Transportation plans, follow up and monitoring.
• Works with in coordination with the Health Educator.
• Works with Health Educator on Emergency Management and Health Exposure plans.
• Develops and maintains systems to assure record keeping occurs.
• Writes self-assessments, improvement plans, and waivers as needed.
• Assists in recording keeping of Health, Safety, Nutrition, and Transportation concerns and/or activities.
• Completes school/site visits as required.
• Meets regularly with other team members to coordinate activities and provide for the integration all HS and EHS content areas.
• Train assigned staff on Health, Safety, Nutrition, and Transportation rules, regulations, and policies at Chicago Commons Schools and partner sites as needed.
• Provides training required by any funder (safety, sanitization, hygiene, health practices, CPR).
• Is able to use the Community Resource Directory in meeting the needs of the Community Partners program families.
• With the Diverse Learner and Mental Health Coordinator, is responsible for the transportation of all children identified as diverse learners as needed.
• Represents Chicago Commons at applicable meetings and maintains a liaison with community, neighborhood institutions and DFSS representatives and other assigned committees.
• Serves as liaison to Health, Safety, Nutrition and/or Transportation consultants assuring that services are being provided as needed and/or required.
• Responsible for transportation and transportation safety for the Child Development Department.
• Assists in grant writing as needed.
• Other duties as assigned.
Requirements QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: (To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. ) • Must possess a valid driver’s license and be able to drive to various locations around Chicago. • Must be able to work in a fast paced environment and manage many projects at once. • Must be able to provide supervision to others. • Must have the ability to work under stress. • Must be able to use supervision effectively. • Must be able to maintain confidentiality. • Must have outstanding people skills and the ability to develop, grow, and maintain relationships with other agencies. • Must have excellent oral and written skills in English. • Spanish fluency is a plus. • Must have sound judgment. • Must be a self-motivated person who can work both individually and on a team. • Must be able to take initiative and make sound decisions. • Must have knowledge of Head Start and Early Head Start requirements and Performance Standards. • Must be detail oriented. • Must be able to serve as an advocate for children and families.
EDUCATION: Minimum Requirements Bachelor’s Degree (preferably in the areas of Child Development, Elementary Education, Early Childhood Education, Health, or other related area.) Master’s Degree preferred.
Internal Number: 7738264066
About Chicago Commons Association
Chicago Commons is a premier social service organization that has made a difference in the Chicago land area for over 120 years. Chicago Commons’ mission has been to partner with individuals, families, and communities to overcome poverty, discrimination, and isolation. We are a neighborhood-focused nonprofit dedicated to improving the well-being of thousands of children, adults, seniors, and families. Our programs are designed to provide the necessary tools to help strengthen skills and develop self-sufficiency. Since 1894, we have operated in neighborhoods where children, seniors and families are most at risk for poverty, violence and educational disadvantage including West Humboldt Park, Pilsen, Back of the Yards, and Grand Boulevard.