Public Consulting Group, Inc. (PCG) is a $400 million, fast growing, for-profit company providing management consulting and technology services to help public sector education, health, human services, and other government clients achieve their performance goals and better serve populations in need.
Founded in 1986 and headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, PCG has more than 2000 professionals in 47 offices throughout the U.S, in Montreal, Canada, London, England and Lodz, Poland. The firm draws on more than two decades of consulting to public sector clients in all 50 states, Canada and the EU to deliver best-practice solutions and measurable results to state and local public agencies, health plans, insurance departments, and private providers that do business with government agencies.
PCG is committed to a diverse workforce which is a reflection of our clients and the people they serve. Our organizational culture attracts and rewards people who are results-oriented and interested in making an immediate impact on their community as well as their own career.
Overall Responsibilities: Support the ongoing and future work of the Early Childhood (EC) Center of Excellence with assigned short-term and long-term tasks on a variety of consulting and operational projects. Travel to client sites for meetings, observations, focus groups, and data collection. Expected to complete a wide range of work assignments that may include data collection, quantitative analysis, report design, report drafting, and preparation of various materials for client presentations. Work with a diverse set of public sector human service and education agencies, including but not limited to the following: state/local departments of early childhood, early intervention, and family support services.
• Provide subject matter expertise and thought leadership across the field of EC both externally to clients as well as internally across the EC team.
• Provide assistance in managing complex projects and/or producing sophisticated deliverables.
• Assist with the implementation of major project phases or tasks.
• Lead clients through implementation and training processes.
• Support project implementations through informational briefings, trainings, communications management, and other post implementation support activities.
• Prepare materials for training seminars and workshops.
• Conduct program and system analysis of human services operations, including child care licensure, early education, home visitation, early intervention, and other child and family support services.
• Facilitate various client meetings and project status meetings.
• Prepare and present parts of written status reports for clients (in MS Word or MS PowerPoint).
• Develop competency in federal and state policy
• Participate on proposal writing teams, including writing and coordinating submissions.
• Collect, enter, analyze, and report on project related data.
• Conduct presentations and oral briefings to state clients at all levels.
• Serve as a key contact for ongoing communications with clients, building and maintaining client relationships. Work with project managers to develop new business opportunities.
• Ensure project quality and compliance with all related regulations.
• Other responsibilities as necessary
• Subject Matter Expertise and Experience in the field of Early Childhood Education.
• Commitment to exceptional client service and confidently lead.
• Creative problem-solving ability and consultancy mindset.
• Dedication to accomplishing goals and challenges presented by clients and management.
• Ability to interact with various levels of management and with clients.
• Ability to move multiple projects forward within a specific timeline and budget.
• Strong analytical and financial data analysis skills.
• Attention to detail and ability to work with large data sets with accurate results.
• Able to follow, critically evaluate, and improve upon current processes.
• Able to recognize issues and identify solutions.
• Excellent oral presentation and written communication skills.
• Travel to client sites required.
• An understanding of human services operations, technology and the complex array of government funding streams that support human services is preferred but not essential.
• Bachelor's degree or relevant work experience required, Master's degree preferred.
• Research and project management experience preferred.
• 5+ years of relevant work experience in the field of early childhood education or child and/or family supports/ services.
• Knowledge or experience with state and local government programs and services preferred.
Internal Number: 2018-3453
About Public Consulting Group
Public Consulting Group, Inc. (PCG) is a management consulting firm that primarily serves public sector education, health, human services, and other state, county, and municipal government clients. Established in 1986 with headquarters in Boston, the firm has extensive experience in all 50 states, clients in six Canadian provinces, and a growing practice in the European Union.
Because PCG has dedicated itself almost exclusively to the public sector for nearly 30 years, the firm has developed a deep understanding of the legal and regulatory requirements and fiscal constraints that often dictate a public agency's ability to meet the needs of the populations it serves. We have helped numerous public sector organizations to maximize resources, make better management decisions using performance measurement techniques, improve business processes, improve federal and state compliance, and improve client outcomes.