ICF seeks an experienced Program Support Specialist to provide ongoing, prompt and accurate programmatic assistance to Head Start (HS) and Early Head Start (EHS) grantees and will support Federal staff with high quality grants management services. This position is based at the Region X Federal Office in Seattle, WA.
Initiate frequent and ongoing communication with assigned grantees regarding grant applications, program status and activities, and overall HS grant-funded operations.
Ensure grantees receive pertinent information from Office of Head Start (OHS), including Information Memorandums, Program Instructions, and OHS announcements regarding initiatives, priorities, and quality expectations.
Provide ongoing assistance to grantees by facilitating the interpretation and understanding of Federal HS Program Performance Standards.
Provide consistent oversight and support to grantees to ensure full compliance with all Federal regulations.
Maintain detailed and complete official electronic grant files, records pertaining to the receipt and tracking of grant applications and the grant review process, including negotiations and any post-award change requests.
Participate in onsite monitoring visits, including follow ups and desk reviews as part of the monitoring review process.
Participate in onsite yearly grantee visits as scheduled by the Regional Office.
Review programmatic status reports, Program Information Report (PIR) data, monitoring data, monitor review findings, and work with programs to resolve any issues, noncompliance’s or deficiencies.
Utilize the GrantSolutions and Head Start Enterprise (HSES) as needed.
Provide ongoing support to grantees, including working in partnership with the Region X TA System to ensure grantees receive the necessary support.
Participate in seminars and special training events or other activities as requested by OHS.
• A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Education, Early Childhood Education, Child Development, Program Design and Management or related field.
• 5+ years of experience providing program support or management.
• Experience with program and data analysis.
• Strong knowledge and experience with Head Start Performance Standards, all applicable federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations, child development, and program operations.
• Ability to provide ongoing monitoring support to grant-funded programs.
• Proficient computer skills and familiarity with Microsoft Office.
• Experience working within a Head Start Program.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
• Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision making capabilities.
• Strong team player, with the ability to collaborate and work closely with Regional Office staff and other partners.
• Ability to work with all levels of internal staff, as well as outside clients.
Internal Number: 1800001620
ICF (NASDAQ:ICFI) is a global consulting and technology services provider with more than 5,000 professionals focused on making big things possible for our clients. We are business analysts, policy specialists, technologists, researchers, digital strategists, social scientists and creatives. Since 1969, government and commercial clients have worked with ICF to overcome their toughest challenges on issues that matter profoundly to their success. Come engage with us at icf.com.
BACK TO TOP
Stay informed by signing up for updates and notifications.