Responsible for the care, education and general development of children.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
(These include but are not limited to the following. The company reserves the right to add to, delete, change or modify the essential duties and responsibilities at any time.)
1. Contributes to the development of the overall agency and center educational plan.
2. Leads classroom teams in creating an atmosphere in which children can grow and develop; develops a classroom environment that is welcoming and emphasizes the importance of the child; includes furnishings and supplies which are attractive, durable and developmentally appropriate.
3. Supervises and interacts with all children’s activities, both inside and outside the classroom.
4. Trains subordinate staff and prepares performance evaluations with the assistance of the Site Director.
5. Researches, implements and evaluates new curriculum methods and management strategies.
6. Introduces, implements and evaluates the following activities: Self Image, Language/Literacy Development, Music and Movement, Social Studies, Science, Math, Art, Large/Small Motor Activities, and In-Depth Projects.
7. Prepares classroom materials in advance of the children’s arrival.
8. Monitors classroom budget, orders supplies and equipment for the program, and recommends maintenance and repairs as needed in the classrooms.
9. Interprets the program to parents and families; makes home visits as needed (Head Start mandated) and conducts parent meetings.
10. Prepares and completes all reports on children’s growth and development including parent conferences; prepares for and participates regularly in family reviews and IEPs.
11. Conducts weekly team meetings.
12. Attends and participates in parent meetings.
13. Responsible for lesson/activity/program planning.
14. Other duties as assigned.
OTHER FUNCTIONS: The company may assign other functions to the job at its discretion.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Bachelor’s Degree in Child Development degree in ECD or elated field with CDA.
Early Childhood Job Fair - June 2nd, 9:00a-1:00p Chicago Commons schools are hiring for 20+ early childhood positions. School Directors and Supervisors will be onsite interviewing for a variety of early childhood positions. For more info.
About Chicago Commons Association
Chicago Commons is a premier social service organization that has made a difference in the Chicago land area for over 120 years. Chicago Commons’ mission has been to partner with individuals, families, and communities to overcome poverty, discrimination, and isolation. We are a neighborhood-focused nonprofit dedicated to improving the well-being of thousands of children, adults, seniors, and families. Our programs are designed to provide the necessary tools to help strengthen skills and develop self-sufficiency. Since 1894, we have operated in neighborhoods where children, seniors and families are most at risk for poverty, violence and educational disadvantage including West Humboldt Park, Pilsen, Back of the Yards, and Grand Boulevard.