Providence is calling a Child Life Specialist to the Family Support Services Unit at Providence Alaska Medical Center in Anchorage, AK.
This role has a direct impact on Pediatric patients' and families' positive adjustment to hospitalization.
In this position, you will:
- Coordinate, plan, implement, and evaluate comprehensive therapeutic and educational programs with the emphasis on the Pediatric patients' and families' positive adjustment to hospitalization.
- Provide interventions to circumvent the negative psychological impact of hospitalization and illness.
- Work with all pediatric age patients to facilitate their socialization and positive adjustment to the hospital environment by promoting age appropriate activities to assure continued growth and development.
- Prepare pediatric patients for the necessary medical interventions through play and/or discussion and encourage the use of coping skills during stressful medical encounters.
- Foster the patient's self-expression, autonomy, sense of mastery and positive self-esteem.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor's degree in Child Development/Child Life or related field.
- Certified by the Child Life Commission.
- Thorough knowledge of basic practices in child development.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Master's degree.
- Two (2) years of experience as a Child Life Specialist.
About Providence Alaska Medical Center
Providence Health & Services Alaska is among nation's best employers for healthy lifestyles! The National Business Group on Health, a non-profit association of large U.S. employers, has honored Providence Alaska for its commitment and dedication to promoting a healthy workplace and encouraging our caregivers (employees) and families to support and maintain healthy lifestyles. Mountain-Pacific Quality Health has awarded Providence Alaska Medical Center with its Quality Achievement Award for high-quality care in the areas of heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia and surgical infection prevention. This is the highest honor awarded by Mountain-Pacific.
As the state's largest hospital, Providence Alaska Medical Center provides full-service, comprehensive care to all Alaskans, a role unmatched by any other in the state. Within our community, you will find top notch ski resorts, kayaking, and wildlife. Enjoying the outdoors is just one of many reasons to live in and explore Alaska!
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Education
Req ID: 149248