· Ensure the consistency and quality of the use of the behavior referral system and logical consequences attached to the system.
· Serves as the point-person for dealing with behavior crisis-intervention, acute behavior issues, and attendance/arrival.
· Monitors behavioral pull-out and in-school suspensions as well as after-school detention.
· Coordinate with Dean of Student Life and manage after-school programming and other enrichment activities as needed.
· Supervises breakfast, lunch, transitions, and dismissal.
· Maintains accurate student discipline records, documenting all conferences, suspensions, discipline referrals, and phone calls in Magen David Yeshivah's student information system.
· Monitors behavior on the school bus and during trips, ensuring that students meet the behavior expectations and school culture standards both inside and outside the classroom.
· Recruit a Parent Advisory Board on discipline.
· Design/develop Student Court.
· Convene the Discipline Committee.
· Ensure students are in full uniform daily.
· Perform other duties as outlined by the Principal.
SKILLS AND QUALITIES
A successful candidate will demonstrate that she/he:
· Is focused on achieving ambitious goals through strategic planning and constant data-driven analysis.
· Perseveres in challenging situations.
· Acts with professional integrity at all times.
· Is effective in a team-oriented environment.
· Communicates directly and sensitively with colleagues, parents, and students.
· Goes above and beyond their job description to help others and to ensure 100% of their students are successful.
· Is a constant learner that never stops reflecting and working to improve their craft.
· Is task-oriented, organized and able to see ideas and initiatives through to completion.
· A strong commitment to Magen David Yeshivah's mission and vision.
· 5 years teaching experience, 3 years senior administrative experience.
· Excellent classroom management skills.
· Excellent communication and relationship-building skills.