Metropolitan Family Services empowers families to learn, to earn, to heal, to thrive. Part mentor, part motivator, part advocate, since 1857, Metropolitan Family Services has been the engine of change that empowers families to reach their greatest potential and positively impact their communities. Metropolitan is Illinois’ first comprehensive human services agency and reaches more than 68,000 individuals and families in Chicago, Evanston/Skokie, the southwest suburbs and DuPage County with services promoting education, economic stability, emotional wellness and empowerment.
We are now hiring for a full-time Parent Child Educator to join our Empowering Families Team!
The Parent Child Educator will provide in-home instruction as well as a group socialization experience to parents and children to enhance the parents' ability to fill the role of primary teacher of their child..
Essential Job Functions:
- Provides services, appropriate to client population, to maximize client potential and promote their optimal functioning in the community.
- Responsible for conducting weekly ninety minute home visits with each client. Client caseload will consist of fourteen families with children ages 0-3.
- Responsible for planning and facilitating bi-monthly socialization groups with all clients.
- Works alongside the parents to ensure that prenatal, well-child exams, immunizations, health screenings, and nutrition assessments are complete and necessary follow up occurs.
- Works in office, client home, and community based settings.
- Develops and utilize integrated curriculum plans, which reflect mandated elements and components, parental and cultural influences, and promote the social, emotional, physical and cognitive development.