Beth Yeshurun Day School (BYDS) is an Early Childhood/Elementary School (15 months through 5th grade) in Houston, TX. At BYDS, our students come first. When they are happy and flourishing, great education happens.
BYDS is seeking a Director of Admissions to develop, implement, and manage all aspects of our student admissions and enrollment process to achieve enrollment goals and support the school’s mission. The Director of Admissions has intimate knowledge of the school’s philosophy, goals, mission, curriculum, development, campus, and unique qualities of BYDS. A key responsibility of the Director is formulating an admissions and recruitment strategy. Candidates must be able and willing to work from 7:30am – 4:00pm, and have excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Developing and managing an admission process, criteria, and calendar that support the school’s mission and development goals.
- Partnering with the Marketing & Communications Director to create admissions materials and manage the school’s online presence to support admissions goals and promote the school.
- Overseeing parent visits, tours, assessments, orientations, and other admissions activities.
- Maintaining the enrollment database, online applications, statistics, and achievement reports.
- Forms and maintains strong relationships with local preschools, elementary schools, middle schools, and other community organizations.
- Prepares and manages the admissions operating budget.
- Facilitates new family transition, including assignment of ambassador families and buddies, creation of orientation materials, and coordination of welcome events.
- Cultivates and nurture families from enrollment to matriculation.
- Oversee the Parent Toddler program
- Collaborate with teachers and observe in classrooms to better articulate the purpose, approach and differentiation of activities and projects to admissions families