Sayre Lower School is seeking a progressive and passionate educator to join our elementary team, most likely in 3rd grade. We desire an individual with the knowledge and skill to craft an engaging, student-centered curriculum which includes strong, conceptually driven instruction in math, reading, language arts and social studies. Our Lower School is a Project Based Learning school and experience with project work is a plus! A willingness to learn how to conduct meaningful project work with children is a requirement for this position. Close collaboration between classroom and specialty teachers allows for creativity and the integration of music, visual art, technology, science and drama. Candidates who delight in crafting rich, complex, hands-on experiences for children will feel at home in our curriculum.
Ideal candidates will be collaborative team players who relish the opportunity to weave rich, contextual, integrated curriculum and work closely with colleagues across disciplines and age groups. We seek to hire an individual with a strong understanding of child development, knowledge of child-directed learning approaches, expertise and experience in all areas of elementary curriculum, and a healthy dose of humor and kindness.
Successful candidates will:
- Have strong interpersonal skills, flexibility and good organization.
- Have a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in early or elementary education; Master’s degree preferred.
- Have experience teaching at the Lower School level; at least 3 year of experience is preferred.
- Demonstrate an innovative and energetic approach to teaching which is compatible with the school’s philosophy and demonstrates knowledge of 21st century skills, differentiated instruction and inquiry-based learning.
- Be committed to professional growth and collaboration with the broader Lower School faculty.
- Possess a true love for working with children in these critically important and formative elementary years.
- Candidates from diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
Interested applicants should send a cover letter, resume, and a list of three references including contact information. All material should be sent electronically to Luanne Stiles, Assistant to the Head of Lower School, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Sayre School actively seeks qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds and talents who will make a positive contribution to school life. Sayre School does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, familial affiliation or any other characteristic protected by law. Sayre School values a diverse community and complies with all applicable laws regarding nondiscrimination.