ASSISTANT HEAD OF SCHOOL
The National Child Research Center is looking for an Assistant Head of School for a July, 1 start in preparation for the 2017 – 2018 school year. Founded in 1928, NCRC provides a collaborative approach to preschool education in an environment that nurtures the whole child, fosters partnerships with families, and is committed to the inclusion of children with special needs. The Assistant Head reports directly to the Head of School. Along with excellent managerial and organizational skills, the Assistant Head should possess first-rate communication skills and the ability to develop and maintain strong professional relationships across the school community. The Assistant Head is a pivotal member of the Administrative Team focusing on curriculum, faculty and professional development, hiring, student support, and our inclusion program.
Specific responsibilities will be to:
- Serve on the Admissions Team.
- Develop, oversee, coordinate and update curriculum for all students in our inclusive community.
- Oversee the faculty hiring, retention and – for departing teachers – exit process.
- Design and implement the faculty mentoring program.
- Oversee the yearlong New Faculty Orientation process and monitor the adjustment of new staff members.
- Work with the Head of School of School on professional development opportunities to ensure teachers are abreast of current research and evolving pedagogical standards.
- Coordinate, monitor, observe, evaluate and support all faculty, interns and volunteers on a comprehensive range of issues including team collaboration, classroom management, curriculum development, and student support services.
- Oversee in-service programming, training sessions and faculty committees.
- Collaborate and fully support the Child Development Team, and Inclusion Programs.
- Attend all open meetings of the Board of Trustees and report to the appropriate board committees on specific programs/projects.
To learn more about our unique preschool community, please visit us at www.ncrcpreschool.org
To apply, please send cover letter and resume BY EMAIL ONLY with subject line ASSISTANT HEAD to email@example.com