The Orchard School is seeking an innovative, dynamic, and collaborative Early Childhood teacher to join our faculty community beginning the 2017-2018 academic year. The successful candidate will put children at the center of their own learning, facilitate engaging hands-on project-based learning, and understand early elementary child development deeply. Ideally, the candidate would have a passion for diversity, equity, and social justice work and training.
Qualifications and Attributes
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Early Elementary Education, Child Development or related field
- A minimum of two years of early elementary teacher experience
- A commitment to progressive education
- Understanding of learning styles and differentiated instruction
- Ability to design hands-on, experiential learning activities that advance the targeted learning outcomes
- Affinity and enthusiasm for working with young children
- Capacity to inspire others
- Demonstrated history of energy and dynamism in the classroom
- Excellent communication skills
- Willingness to learn and improve professionally
- Sound judgment and emotional maturity
- Ability to collaborate and work with a team
- Willingness to engage in all aspects of the Orchard community
Candidates should apply by sending a resume and cover letter to email@example.com by May 31, 2017. Please place “EC” in the email subject line.
The Orchard School values our employees and offers a total compensation package designed to attract and retain talented individuals who make our school successful. Benefits include:
- Retirement Savings Plan
- Paid personal days
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid life insurance
- Health and dental insurance
- Paid long and short term disability
The Orchard School
Founded in 1922, Orchard is an independent, non-sectarian, progressive school for 600 students in preschool through the 8th grade. Orchard is committed to advance each student’s academic success, self-confidence, open-mindedness, ethical character, leadership, and love of learning. Located in north Indianapolis on a 43-acre wooded campus with a state-of-the-art facility, Orchard promises academic excellence through a well-rounded education, engaging the natural curiosity of students in an active, child-centered, and experiential learning environment.
Orchard values diversity and seeks talented students, faculty and staff from diverse backgrounds. Orchard does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, religion or national origin in the administration of its admission, tuition assistance, or employment determination.
The Orchard School is a member of the National Association of Independent Schools and is accredited by the Independent Schools Association of the Central States.
For more information about The Orchard School, please visit: www.orchard.org.