Teacher - Middle School English
FLSA Classification: Full time, exempt position
Term of Position: Job begins August 2017
Reports To: Director of Middle School
Position Purpose: Teach English to 6th, 7th, and 8th grade students
San Francisco independent school seeks an outstanding middle school English teacher for our students. This position is for the 2017-2018 school year beginning in late August 2017.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Planning and teaching a challenging course of study in a developmentally-appropriate manner, with an emphasis on differentiating instruction and using assessments effectively.
- Following, developing, and enhancing existing English curriculum, which includes engaging students in multiple modes of class activities such as in-depth investigation of a particular topic.
- Creating an inclusive classroom environment through regular class meetings, supportive exchanges with students, and clear expectations for community behavior.
- Collaborating with other middle school teachers, educators, and specialist teachers to develop curriculum, plan trips and special projects, and solve problems.
- Working and communicating effectively with parents in formal and informal conferences, written reports, and newsletters.
- Working as an advisor in the middle school advisory program
- Planning and staffing student educational trips (including overnight stay).
- Supporting and following the school policies and procedures.
- Being a positive and contributing member of the professional community.
- B.A. degree and teaching credential.
- Middle school English teaching experience preferable (3 years documented).
- Regularly sit, talk, run, move equipment, hear, and visually interact with students.
- Ability to occasionally lift up to 25 lbs.
- Regularly use close and distance vision.
- Work at a desk and computer screen.
- Turn, bend, reach, and occasionally use a ladder.
- Work in a traditional climate controlled office environment and outside in both hot and cold climates.
The school offers competitive compensation based on prior experience, education, and position requirements. Medical, dental, life, and long-term disability and retirement benefits are provided. More information about the school can be found on our website at http://www.sfbrandeis.org. The Brandeis School of San Francisco is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Instructions for applying
Qualified candidates are encouraged to send a resume and cover letter, including details of your experience relevant to teaching English, to firstname.lastname@example.org
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency