Providence is calling an Infant Teacher ( Per Diem / Day Shift ) to Providence Saint John's Health Center Santa Monica, CA.
In this position you will:
- Under the general supervision ofthe program director, responsibilities will include working as a member of theEarly Childhood Directions teaching team; to support and work with otherteachers in all facets of maintaining a classroom environment that issupportive and nurturing for children ranging in ages from infancy to preschool,and which meets the learning and developmental guidelines of the NationalAssociation of Education for Young Children.
- Takes the lead in promoting social, psychological and cognitivedevelopment as well as supporting ethnic and family diversity that reflect theevolving practice of an open and supportive environment for families.
- Conducts and plans general child developmentcurriculum and other activities for infant, toddlers, and preschool youngsters.
- Develops andmaintain children's indoor and outdoor environments that are nurturing, secure,safe; prevents accidents and illness; encourages play, exploration; promotesproblem solving, learning and growth in all developmental areas; reflectschildren's learning styles; and meets the needs of all children enrolled in theprogram.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- BA Degree in Child Development or related field
- Amust(3 units minimum) Infant/Toddlerdevelopment class.
- CTC Teacher's Permit
- Current Infant/Child CPR and Current First AidCard
- 3-5 Years of Experience working with infants andtoddlers
- Knowledge of infant/toddler development,attachment theory and milestones
- A passion for working with infantsAble to work in a supportive team teachingenvironment
- Excellent communications skills
About the hospital you will serve:
Providence Saint John's Child & Family Development Center was established in 1962 to serve the social-emotional needs of children (0-21 years old) and their families. The Center has a strong history of providing culturally sensitive and linguistically responsive mental health, outreach and developmental services, with priority given to underserved, overburdened and at-risk families who are unable to access quality services elsewhere . Services are child-centered and family-focused. Located in Santa Monica, the Center is part of Providence Health & Services, an integrated, not-for-profit network of hospitals, care centers, medical clinics, home health services, affiliated services and educational facilities in the western United States.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Schedule: On Call
Job Category: Education
Location: California-Santa Monica
Req ID: 142774