Providence is calling a Child Development Teacher to Providence Alaska Medical Center in Anchorage, Alaska.
We are seeking a Child Development Teacher to manage classroom and implement curriculum in accordance with licensing and NAEYC Accreditation standards and evaluates the effectiveness of the program. Supervise and mentor in-room staff.
In this position you will:
- Design and implement an emergent curriculum founded on Developmentally Appropriate Practice and NAEYC Accreditation standards
- Communicate appropriately (verbal and written) with children, parents/families, teaching and management teams.
- Plan and facilitate developmentally appropriate learning experiences, activities and interactions.
- Complete forms and records related to children's development and learning experiences.
- Create and maintain a safe, organized, well supplied and varied learning environment.
- Maintain a safe and healthy environment through adequate supervision of children and implementation of infection control procedures.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- High school diploma or GED.
- A Child Development Associate (CDA), a national early childhood certification credential, within 1 year of hire if employee does not have an associate degree or higher in early childhood or other related field.
- Infant/Child CPR certification within 30 days of hire date.
- One or more years of paid or unpaid experience in an early childhood program.
- Participation in a degree seeking program or internship where the major is in Education shall be credited as experience.
- Associate's degree level program candidates shall be credited 1 year experience and Bachelor's degree program candidates shall be credited 2 years' experience.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Associate Degree or higher in Early Childhood or related field.
About Providence Alaska Medical Center
Providence Health & Services Alaska is among nation's best employers for healthy lifestyles! The National Business Group on Health, a non-profit association of large U.S. employers, has honored Providence Alaska for its commitment and dedication to promoting a healthy workplace and encouraging our caregivers (employees) and families to support and maintain healthy lifestyles. Mountain-Pacific Quality Health has awarded Providence Alaska Medical Center with its Quality Achievement Award for high-quality care in the areas of heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia and surgical infection prevention. This is the highest honor awarded by Mountain-Pacific.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Administrative Support (Clinical)
Req ID: 147536