This position will:
- Provide domestic violence education and individual counseling for child clients.
- Provide evaluations/assessments to determine individualized needs of clients.
- Provide family counseling.
- Provide education on parenting skills.
- Provide education on how domestic violence affects children.
- Facilitate and co-facilitate kid’s support groups and parenting group.
- Organize activities for children and parents, including summer program.
- Participate in medical on-call.
- Participate in case consultations regarding clients.
- Provide advocacy for clients with other agencies in the community (e.g., DCFS, schools, etc.)
- Participate in the training of staff, volunteers, and interns. (This includes the 65 hour Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault training that is held three times a year.)