Chicago Youth Centers (CYC) invests in youth in underserved communities in Chicago to help them discover and realize their full potential. Caring for Our Communities for 60 years, CYC has steadfastly served communities on the south and west sides of Chicago.
CYC centers are in seven communities across metro Chicago. We consistently deliver programming to serve the needs of kids, parents and communities—focusing on academic achievement, social and emotional skill development and parent/family engagement. Our centers are characterized by passionate and committed staff and serve as learning centers for our kids, community resources, and safe spaces.
Our Programs Early Childhood Education - (ages 3-5) 900+ children served annually School-Age Child Development - (ages 6-12) 1,200+ served annually Teen Leadership Development & Intervention - (ages 13-19) 570+ served annually. Intervention – (ages 7-18) 637+ served annually.
We are currently hiring for an Educational Services Coordinator for our Education Support Initiative (ESI) program.
- To play a supportive role to the ESI Program Manager and Outreach Workers, including:
- Academic Support: attending school visits, addressing academic, behavioral and attendance issues through the creation of the Education Service Plan and regular goal updates with youth.
- Client Recruitment: Forming positive relationships with staff at DCFS and P.O.S. agencies to create an on-going recruitment system.
- Group Outings: seeks, plans and implements larger group outings with Outreach Workers that are academically and culturally related.
- Providing and/or securing presenters for academic-based workshops based on the needs of the clients: including, but not limited to: Career and College Readiness, Productive Study Habits, Study Groups and Tutoring for Core Subject Areas, etc….
- Assisting Foster Parents and Outreach Workers with ensuring that ESI enrolled youth are applying for academically appropriate schools, such as selective enrollment, higher-achieving schools, therapeutic day schools, etc.
- Providing resources and referral options to ESI Families as it relates to services within CYC and beyond CYC’s scope and service provision, including a monthly Newsletter filled with resources and family-based activities.
- Conducts a program “needs assessment” to determine partnership opportunities. Identifies and develops relationships with key stakeholders to strategically enhance the quality of the ESI Program
- Complete monthly program reports.
- Ability to navigate the CPS Selective Enrollment Process.
- Has strong knowledge of working with at-risk/high-risk populations.
- Possess the ability to be self-motivated and work well on a team.
- The work schedule is 10-6:30 PM/Flexibility required.