The Aspen Country Day School is seeking a Middle School English teacher for the 2017-2018 academic school year.
Aspen Country Day School welcomes children from throughout the Roaring Fork Valley from pre-kindergarten through middle school. Located at a campus on Castle Creek, it is fully accredited by the Association of Colorado Independent Schools and is a member of the National Association of Independent Schools. Country Day is known for its high teacher-student ratio, its strong arts, outdoor education and foreign language programs, and its traditional private-school environment of courtesy and friendship.
A rigorous curriculum emphasizes the importance of individualized learning, giving each student the skills required to fulfill his or her potential. The academic program is traditional and well rounded. Language Arts, Mathematics, Science, and Social Studies are balanced by a complementary curriculum in Music, Art, Drama, and Physical Education. French and Spanish are introduced in the earliest grades. Technology is integrated into the daily learning of all students. The Outdoor Education program takes students into the glorious Rocky Mountains for lessons not only in skiing, rock climbing, and route-finding, but also in self-reliance and cooperation.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Design lessons grounded in established ACDS curriculum for Sixth and Seventh Grade students
- Assess student work and provide meaningful feedback to students regularly
- Implement instructional strategies and use clear and consistent classroom management in ways that are in concert with the school philosophy
- Fulfill supervisory duties as assigned
- Attend Outdoor Education trips in fall and spring
- Participate in ski days in the winter months
- Adhere to guidelines, procedures, and policies in the Employee Handbook
- Help children with organization, problem solving, and conflict resolution to support individual needs
- Communicate professionally and effectively with parents, teachers, administrators and colleagues, this includes both email and phone.
- Assist with fall classroom move in and spring move out
- Stay abreast of school wide information through My Country Day (Blackbaud software)
- Attend required in-service days, meetings, and training sessions as designated
- A professional desire to work in the classroom and develop or continue to develop your teaching skills in the academic disciplines as well as the on-going work of social/emotional development of children