Middle School Science Teacher
FLSA Classification: Full-time, exempt position
Reports To: Director of Middle School
Position Purpose: Teach science to 6th, 7th, and 8th grade students
The Brandeis School of San Francisco inspires students to lead lives of learning and purpose. We provide a challenging academic environment and a welcoming, inclusive community, each deeply enriched by Jewish thought, values, and traditions. We are seeking an outstanding middle school science teacher for our students. This position is for the 2017-18 school year beginning in mid-August 2017.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Planning and teaching a challenging course of study in a developmentally-appropriate manner, with an emphasis on differentiating instruction and using assessments effectively.
• Following, developing, and enhancing existing science curriculum, which includes engaging students in multiple modes of class activities such as in-depth investigation of a particular topic.
• Creating an inclusive classroom environment through regular class meetings, supportive exchanges with students, and clear expectations for community behavior.
• Collaborating with other middle school teachers, educators, and specialist teachers to develop curriculum, plan trips and special projects, and problem solve.
• Working and communicating effectively with parents in formal and informal conferences, written reports, and newsletters.
• Working as an advisor in the middle school advisory program.
• Planning and staffing student educational trips (including overnight stays).
• Supporting and following the school policies and procedures.
• Being a positive and contributing member of the professional community.
• B.A. degree and teaching credential.
• Middle school science teaching experience preferable (3 years documented).
• Regularly sit, talk, run, move equipment, hear, and visually interact with students
• Ability to occasionally lift up to 25 lbs.
• Regularly use close and distance vision.
• Work at a desk and computer screen.
• Turn, bend, reach and occasionally use a ladder.
• Work in a traditional climate controlled office environment and outside in both hot and cold climates.
Instructions for Applying
Qualified candidates are encouraged to send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com
No telephone calls please.
Citizenship, residency, or work VISA in United States required.
Copyright ©2015 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency