Judaic Studies Educator
Reports to: Director of Jewish Learning
Position Purpose: Teach middle school Judaic studies
The Brandeis School of San Francisco inspires students to lead lives of learning and purpose. We provide a challenging academic environment and a welcoming, inclusive community, each deeply enriched by Jewish thought, values, and traditions. We are seeking an experienced and dynamic middle school Judaic Studies educator to partner in the ongoing work of reimagining Jewish education and practice. This position is for the 2017-2018 school year beginning in mid-August 2017.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Planning and teaching a challenging course of study in a developmentally appropriate manner, with an emphasis on differentiating instruction and using assessments effectively.
• Creating an inclusive classroom environment through regular class meetings, supportive exchanges with students, and clear expectations for community behavior.
• Engaging students in project work that is an in-depth investigation of a particular topic as part of an emergent curriculum.
• Collaborating with school teachers and educators to develop curriculum, plan trips and special projects, and solve problems.
• Working and communicating effectively with parents in formal and informal conferences, written reports, and newsletters.
• Supporting and following the school policies and procedures.
• Being a positive and contributing member of the professional community.
• Bachelor's degree or post graduate work in Judaic studies or related field of study.
• A minimum of three years teaching at the middle school level in an independent school environment.
• A proven track record of success with engaging adolescents in meaningful, relevant, and creative Jewish learning.
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
• Demonstrated leadership and facilitative skills.
• Regularly sit, talk, run, move equipment, hear and visually interact with students.
• Be able to occasionally lift up to 25 lbs.
• Regularly uses close and distance vision.
• Work at a desk and computer screen.
• Turn, bend, reach and occasionally use a ladder.
• Work in a traditional climate controlled office environment and outside in typical Bay Area weather.
The school offers competitive compensation based on prior experience, education, and position requirements. Medical, dental, life, long-term disability, and retirement benefits are provided. The Brandeis School of San Francisco is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Instructions for Applying
Qualified candidates are encouraged to send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. No telephone calls please.
Citizenship, residency, or work VISA in United States required.
Copyright ©2015 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency