General Studies Teacher – Lower School
The Brandeis School of San Francisco
FLSA Classification: Full-time, exempt position
Reports To: Director of Lower School
Position Purpose: Teach 2nd grade
The Brandeis School of San Francisco inspires students to lead lives of learning and purpose. We provide a challenging academic environment and a welcoming, inclusive community, each deeply enriched by Jewish thought, values, and traditions. We are seeking an outstanding general studies teacher for our students. This position is for the 2017-2018 school year beginning in mid-August 2017.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities?
• Working in partnership with an associate teacher in planning and teaching a challenging course of study in a developmentally-appropriate manner, with an emphasis on differentiating instruction and using assessments effectively.
• Engaging children in project work that is an in-depth investigation of a particular topic as part of an emergent curriculum.
• Teaching Singapore Math.
• Teaching leveled reading through the Calkins reading and writing workshop approaches.
• Using the Responsive Classroom approach.
• Creating an inclusive classroom environment through regular class meetings, supportive exchanges with students, and clear expectations for community behavior.
• Collaborating with other general studies teachers, educators, and specialists to develop curriculum, plan trips and special projects, and solve problems.
• Working and communicating effectively with parents in formal and informal conferences, written reports, and newsletters.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Supporting and follow the school policies and procedures.
• Being a positive and contributing member of the professional community.
• B.A. and teaching credential.
• Minimum four years experience as lead teacher in early elementary teaching required.
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
• Good sense of humor and warm demeanor.
• Regularly sit, talk, run, move equipment, hear, and visually interact with students.
• Be able to occasionally lift up to 25 lbs.
• Regularly use close and distance vision.
• Work at a desk and computer screen.
• Turn, bend, reach, and occasionally use a ladder.
• Work in a traditional climate-controlled office environment and outside in both hot and cold climates.
The school offers competitive compensation based on prior experience, education, and position requirements. Medical, dental, life, long-term disability, and retirement benefits are provided.The Brandeis School of San Francisco is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Instructions for Applying
Qualified candidates are encouraged to send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Citizenship, residency, or work VISA in United States required.
Copyright ©2015 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency