The Latin teacher is a member of the school’s Upper Division (Grades 6-8) and reports to the Head of the Upper Division. This teacher is responsible for working with faculty and staff in support of the school’s mission and curricular goals. The ideal candidate will have a strong Latin background and a love of Latin and teaching Latin to middle school-aged students. The ideal candidate will be a collaborative team member who has had experience creating teaching materials and hands-on projects to make Latin come alive in a classroom rich with differentiated instruction. This is a .75 time teaching position with the opportunity for additional stipend(s) for co-curricular programs and activities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Teach three sections of Latin in Grades 6-8
- Serve as an Upper Division advisor
- Participate in the school community, including faculty and committee work, weekly school duties, and activities
- Previous experience and/or interest in athletic coaching is desirable
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Demonstrates deep understanding of the relationship between curriculum, subject matter, and child development
- Implements creative and innovative curriculum, instruction, and assessment
- Uses technology tools to advance student learning and growth
- Differentiates instruction
- Fosters a classroom environment where students feel comfortable to take risks, make mistakes, and be curious
- Works in partnership with students and their families
- Strong interpersonal skills with students and adults - patience, flexibility, empathy, and humor
- Strong communication skills
- Familiarity with Cambridge Latin Course preferred
- Experience teaching cultural topics in a project-based learning curriculum
- Experience working in a diverse community
- Integrate diversity, equity, and inclusion as a core value of the School and classroom learning
- Bachelor’s Degree required, with coursework in classical studies
- Master’s Degree preferred
- 3-5 years teaching experience required
- Middle school level teaching preferred
- Please visit The Park School Employment page to complete an application and upload your resume, cover letter, educational philosophy statement, and names of three references.
- Competitive salary and benefits, including a strong professional development program, will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. The Park School welcomes candidates who will add to the diversity of our community and who have demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion in their teaching and learning.
- The Park School is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, sex, disabilities, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression or family composition or any other status protected by applicable law in the administration of its employment, education, admission, financial aid, and other policies and programs.