Chicago Youth Centers (CYC) invests in youth in underserved communities in Chicago to help them discover and realize their full potential.
Caring for Our Communities
For 60 years, CYC has steadfastly served communities on the south and west sides of Chicago. Today CYC centers are in seven communities across metro Chicago. We consistently deliver programming to serve the needs of kids, parents and communities—focusing on academic achievement, social and emotional skill development and parent/family engagement. Our centers are characterized by passionate and committed staff and serve as learning centers for our kids, community resources, and safe spaces.
- Early Childhood Education - (ages 3-5) 900+ children served annually
- School-Age Child Development - (ages 6-12) 1,200+ served annually
- Teen Leadership Development & Intervention - (ages 13-19) 570+ served annually
- Intervention – (ages 7-18) 637+ served annually
We are currently conducting a search for a qualified full-time Facilities Specialist for our CYC - Rebecca K. Crown, 7601 S Phillips Avenue, Chicago, IL. The work schedule is 2 pm - 10:30 pm and flexibility to change schedule.
We are seeking experience with the daily cleaning and maintenance of assigned site/sites and grounds, drive CYC van for school and activity transportation needs and to perform tasks as directed by the Center Director and CYC Facilities Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Clean, dust, and wipe furniture
- Empty all waste baskets
- Sweep, mop and disinfect floors
- Vacuum Rugs
- Clean and disinfect toilets, urinals, sinks and mirrors using established practices and procedure
- Check hand soap, paper towels and tissue dispensers
- Drive CYC vehicle to transport youth from school to CYC and transport youth to/from outside resources, like the park, other CYC centers, community events, etc...
- Ability to adjust work week to allow for Saturday tasks when needed
- Replace light bulbs
- Clean baseboards
- Clean air vents
- Clean light fixtures
- Clean exterior of all dispensers
- Wash Windows
- Follow steps above for all locker rooms and gyms
- Strip, clean, buff and apply floor sealer and floor finish to hard surfaces floors, vacuum, and shampoo carpets pressure washers, high-speed buffers and vacuums, brooms, mops, and squeegees for the cleaning and general maintenance of floors, walls, carpets, furniture, etc.
- Spot wash walls
- May shovel and remove snow and ice from designated areas such as sidewalks, entryways, and grounds work (ie: Grass)
- Monitor and report safety hazards to supervisor
- Monitor and report needs for building or equipment repairs
- Take the CYC Van in for routine and emergency maintenance and repairs