The Kindergarten Associate Teacher is a member of the School’s Lower Division and reports to the Head of the Lower Division. This part-time position is responsible for working with faculty and staff to assist with the teaching of Kindergarten in support of the school’s mission and curricular goals. The ideal candidate will bring a history of collaborative, self-directed work as well as a good sense of humor. The ideal candidate will also have some teaching experience, preferably Kindergarten, and draw upon that understanding to inspire members of the Park community.
In addition, the position requires expertise with the social and emotional needs of this age group and the ability to balance the encouragement of academic excellence and intellectual growth with the importance of learning through play. The Lower Division values the importance of nurturing a child’s developing sense of self by incorporating the use of diverse texts and open dialogue in all classrooms.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work collaboratively with the Head Teacher to facilitate, present, and support lessons in all subject areas.
- Ensure that respect for diversity, equity and inclusion is emphasized as a core value of the School, a shared responsibility in partnership with the school community and the Director of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, in particular.
- Demonstrate a passion for lifelong learning; pursue professional development in all areas of Early Childhood education.
- Participate in the school community, including faculty and committee work.
- Respectfully engage with families and demonstrate sensitivity to different cultures, values, configurations, and beliefs.
- 18 hours a week - Monday through Thursday, approximately 4 hours each day
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Excellent knowledge of child development
- Support the teacher with the management of classroom time, space, and materials for most effective learning
- Patience and flexibility
- Collaborative teaching style
- Strong communication skills
- Skill in differentiating instruction
- Capable of generating high quality instructional materials
- Experience integrating the use of academic technology into classroom teaching
- Demonstrate a growth mindset
- Experience teaching, preferably Kindergarten level
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Please visit The Park School Employment page to complete an application and upload your resume, cover letter, statement of teaching philosophy, and names of three references.
- The Park School welcomes candidates who will add to the diversity of our community and who have demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion in their teaching and learning.
- The Park School is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, sex, disabilities, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression or family composition or any other status protected by applicable law in the administration of its employment, education, admission, financial aid, and other policies and programs.