Sea Crest School seeks an enthusiastic and creative kindergarten teacher to foster and facilitate the intellectual and social development of our students for the 2017-2018 school year.
The kindergarten teacher is responsible for designing and implementing an innovative kindergarten program that encompasses the development of core skills and social-emotional learning. In addition, the teacher is responsible for providing a classroom management system compatible with the school’s philosophy and differentiating instruction to meet student needs.
- Maintain a safe and engaging learning environment.
- Collaborate with your grade level partner and associate teacher to create a comprehensive, innovative, and developmentally appropriate kindergarten program.
- Prepare and execute thoughtful units of study designed to reach the different learning styles of the students in the classroom.
- Continually assess student performance and progress using a variety of tools and means to ensure mastery of essential skills.
- Maintain an open line of communication with parents and provide appropriate information.
- Attend regularly scheduled grade level planning, lower school division, and school-wide faculty meetings.
- Collaborate with specialist teachers to ensure effective integration with classroom learning.
- Plan, organize and conduct relevant field trips, experiential learning opportunities, and learning celebrations.
- Attend and assist with kindergarten admissions and special events, some of which occur outside of normal school hours.
- Actively participate in all in-service and orientation days.
- Model a growth mindset by engaging in on-going professional growth and renewal.
Salary and Benefits
The salary is competitive and commensurate with the qualifications and experience of the successful candidate.
About Sea Crest School
Our institution is a K-8 independent school located in Half Moon Bay, CA. Our community of educators believes in fostering an atmosphere of excellence and joy as we prepare our pupils to succeed in school and life.
Sea Crest is a K-8 coed independent day school enrolling 280 students from the San Mateo County coastal and inland communities. The curriculum is challenging and creative, providing in-depth units of study. Students have the advantage of daily physical education, as well as enrichment classes in Spanish, art, drama, music, and technology integrated within the weekly schedule.
Sea Crest School is dedicated to providing the best in innovative education to inspire and empower our learners to engage curiosity, express creativity, act with compassion and lead with courage.
To apply: Please submit a cover letter and résumé to: Mrs. Michelle Giacotto, Director of Lower School, Sea Crest School, 901 Arnold Way, Half Moon Bay, CA 94019, firstname.lastname@example.org.