| EOE Statement:|
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
This position is eligible for part-time benefits.� Please visit our website at hr.wustl.edu to view a summary of benefits.
The Nursery School Teacher plans and conducts a high quality, child-centered preschool program in a campus laboratory preschool.
- Teaching: Facilitate open-ended, creative activities appropriate to the developmental levels of your classroom through language, thinking (logic/ reasoning/analyzing), motor skills and interpersonal skills. Foster creativity and a positive self-image in each child. Facilitate and extend play in a safe and nurturing environment. Observe and document child’s development progress and write report for parent conference. Supervise work-study students in your class. - 80%
- Planning: Meet with co-teacher a minimum of 1 hour each week to plan open-ended, creative activities. Plans must be in writing in plan book for director/parents to view. - 8%
- Parent Involvement: Establish working relationship between home and school through newsletters (2 per month), E-mails, conversations. Encourage parents to visit and take part in appropriate classroom activities. Conduct 2 parent conferences per year (fall and spring). - 5%
- Professional Development: Complete at least 12 hours of in-service training per year to meet licensing requirements. Attend staff meetings (2 per month). - 5%
- Physical Facilities and Supplies: Keep classroom in order. Clean up classroom materials after each class session. Monitor supplies, equipment and physical facilities in your classroom, playground and public areas of school. Inform Director of needed supplies and repairs. - 2%
This position is a 9-month contract position, working during the months of September through May. Hours worked are approximately 20 hours per week and the schedule will be discussed to determine a mutually beneficial for the candidate and the Nursery School.
- Bachelors Degree in Education, Child Development or related field
- Previous experience with young children
- Master's Degree in Education, Child Development or related field.
- Teaching experience with children aged 2 1/2 to 5 years
The hiring range for this position is $15.37 - $19.22 per hour.
Department Name/Job Location:
This position is in the Nursery School located on the Danforth Campus.