| EOE Statement:|
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
This position is full-time and works approximately 37.5 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location:
This position is in the Department of Psychiatry. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
This position will support the Neurodevelopmental Trajectories of Reward Processing in Very Early Emerging Risk for Depression study, a longitudinal program of research investigating brain development and risk for depression in preschoolers. Main responsibilities will include interacting with and testing preschool-age children, operating EEG/ERP equipment per study protocol, operating MRI/fMRI equipment per study protocol, accompanying participant families to MRI/fMRI scans, and assisting with the processing and analyzing of EEG/ERP and MRI/fMRI data as necessary. Participation in generating scientific manuscripts based on study results for publication will also be available.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Interacts with and tests preschoolers for study per protocol
- Operates EEG/ERP and MRI/fMRI equipment
- Accompanies participant families to MRI/fMRI scan
- Maintains proper documentation and record keeping
- Monitors and orders supplies necessary for study
- Assists with EEG/ERP and MRI/fMRI data processing and analyses
- Prepares information packets for patients enrolled in study
Bachelor’s degree or 4 years of relevant experience
- Equivalent of Bachelors in Psychology, Social Work or related field.
- Comfortable interacting with children, interactive communication skills with ability to work constructively with parents, researchers, and students, effective interpersonal and organizational skills, working knowledge of child development, and ability to use PC based computer systems.
The hiring range for this position is $14.95 - $18.31 per hour.
Offers made for this position are contingent upon the successful completion of all required pre-employment screens, including a criminal background check, hair sample drug screen, and verification of required professional licenses, registrations, or certifications.
-Retirement Savings Plan
-22 vacation days
-8 Paid Holidays
-Tuition benefits for employee, spouse and dependent children
-Free Metro Link/ Bus pass
-Free Life Insurance
-Health, Dental, Vision
-Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
-Long Term Disability Insurance
-Flex Spending Plan
Med School HR website (medschoolhr.wustl.edu)
Applicant Special Instructions:
Clinical office setting with some pressure caused by study deadlines and patient schedules. Some local travel to outreach centers to assist with recruiting.
Internal Applicant Instruction:
This position is grade C06.
Please attach a copy of your most current signed performance evaluation (completed within the last 18 months) to your online account. If you have not received a performance evaluation, you may provide two current signed letters of recommendation (written within the last 18 months), preferably to include one letter from either a current or recent former supervisor. To attach these documents, go to: My Career Tools, Add Attachment, Attachment Type – Performance Reviews or Letters of Recommendation.