5th and 6th Grade Math Teacher - responsible for teaching, motivating, inspiring, and assessing fifth and sixth grade students in mathematics. The Math Teacher is knowledgeable about the cognitive and social-emotional development of children this age and possesses a firm understanding of advanced mathematics. In addition to the below duties and responsibilities, the Math Teacher will be positive, collaborative, innovative, and passionate.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Further develops, implements, assesses and modifies, as necessary, a dynamic mathematics program for grades 5 - 6 that aligns with Congressional’s mission, vision, and values.
- Serves as middle school advisor for either 5th or 6th grade.
- Uses a variety of methods, materials, and techniques used to teach mathematics instruction for grades 5 – 6.
- Organizes classroom systems and procedures and manages student behavior to ensure all students are fully engaged and learning.
- Assesses students’ mathematical skills for the purposes of refining classroom activities and providing feedback to students, parents and administration regarding students’ progress, expectations and goals.
- Maintains a high level of awareness regarding research and recent developments on programs that will benefit middle school students in mathematics
- Actively seeks opportunities for professional development in math and middle school pedagogy.
- Listens and responds to student and parent concerns in a responsible, constructive and resourceful manner.
- Actively supports the school philosophy, community, and policies.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned by the Division Director
VISION - We provide an inspirational and challenging student-centered educational experience within our diverse and supportive community where children question, collaborate, create, and lead.
CORE VALUES - We believe that strong character is essential to being a great thinker and leader. These core values reflect our aspirations as individuals and as a community: Integrity, Kindness, Perseverance, and Respect.
MISSION - We ignite the spark in young learners to become great thinkers and leaders who will positively impact our world.