Parent Engagement Specialist
Reports to the Site Manager
Gads Hill Center, a social service organization established in 1898, creates opportunities for children and their families to build a better life through education, access to resources and community engagement.
The Parent Engagement Specialist is responsible for implementing and coordinating the program’s Family Engagement, Recruitment and Attendance areas of the Children’s Services Department (CSD). This individual will engage program participants in leadership and advocacy activities, as well as manage and monitor program recruitment and outreach activities across the agency. As the site leader, the Parent Engagement Specialist is accountable for ensuring that licensing, funder and accreditation standards are maintained at all times at the Child Development Center. The Parent Engagement Specialist will provide supervision and oversight to family support staff at the Gads Hill Child Development Center in North Lawndale.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Recruitment & Family Engagement
- Lead and conduct outreach and recruitment activities, including distribution of recruitment materials and event participation, manage recruitment calendar, identify prospective events, and organize staff to participate in events.
- Maintain recruitment materials.
- Participate in program planning and evaluation process.
- Assist in the general administration of the program by participating in ongoing program planning and evaluation process.
- Establish and implement strategies of communication with parents regarding events, activities and program information, and arrange for translation/language support for events, etc.
- Support the planning of the parent workshop calendar, and establish and implement structures for effective parent engagement.
- Share the responsibility of the management for family engagement and activities of the program with the Family Support Manager.
- Identify, develop and implement comprehensive strategies to offer parent engagement opportunities and increase parent engagement.
- Organize parents to actively participate in parent engagement opportunities and manage the recruitment of these events.
- Collaborate with the GHC assigned component area expert to support the referral process and assist families in advocating for services for their children.
- Support establishing and maintaining an effective working relationship with the parents and communities that we serve, including participating in agency outreach and recruitment efforts. Support parent engagement efforts, including formal parent and small group meetings.
- Supervise, direct, coach, observe and evaluate Family Support Workers at the North Lawndale Child Development Center.
- Assist the site Manager with supervising, directing, coaching, observing, and evaluating teaching and intake staff at the North Lawndale Child Development Center.
- Serve as site leader and maintain effective operation of all site programs.
- Assist in maintaining compliance with the Department of Children and Family Services’ licensing standards and the National Association for the Education of Young Children’s accreditation standards at all times.
- Assist with facilitating staff meetings for the North Lawndale Child Development Center.
Program Monitoring and Management
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of Head Start standards and Preschool For All and the disability requirements and maintains compliance.
- Conduct regular enrollment and attendance monitoring in accordance with the ongoing monitoring plan.
- Conduct and document ongoing electronic and file monitoring for recruitment and attendance and work with program managers to address findings.
- Assist with the gathering and preparation of information for the submission of billing or reports to funders.
- Ensure that prospective participants receive timely follow up of referrals across programs.
- Provide regular written and oral reports on programs as assigned.
- Collaborate with CSD leaders to plan and coordinate professional development for Children’s Services staff.
- Coordinate with Site Manager to represent Head Start/Preschool For All programs at monitoring visits and program audits. Assure compliance with Head Start/Preschool For All and general child development standards.
- Submit Preschool For All and Prevention Initiative enrollment reports on a monthly basis.
- Provide regular written and oral reports on the program as assigned.
- Participate in meetings of Children’s Services leadership to resolve problems and assist in determining the strategic direction of Children’s Services.
- Adhere to the systems whereby necessary records pertaining to services and program participants served are created and preserved.
- Ensure collection of data and its accuracy and the entry of required data into appropriate database(s).
- Enter or modify data into the appropriate database(s) under guidance of other GHC staff.
- Perform other data entry as needed.
In addition to the responsibilities listed above, all Gads Hill Center employees are responsible for the following:
- Participate in agency outreach and recruitment events, including evenings and weekends.
- Participate in supervision meetings and workshops within the agency and outside (if applicable).
- Participate in civic engagement activities that advance the mission of Gads Hill Center.
- Advance parent leadership development.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required in Social Work, Early Childhood Education, Educational Administration or a related field and a minimum of 32 ECE credit hours required.
- A minimum of one year of previous direct service experience with children and families.
- Parent engagement, advocacy or outreach experience preferred.
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) required.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and organization skills.
- Ability to pass a criminal record and child abuse/neglect registry check.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License, access to reliable transportation and willingness to travel locally.
Entry Salary Range: $37,000 / year
Location: North Lawndale
To apply, send resume, cover letter and transcripts by email to:
Phone: 312-226-0963 x 239