The Park School seeks a dynamic, innovative, passionate, and professional full time Third Grade teacher to be a member of the school’s Middle Division, joining a team of three third grade teachers. This full time, 10-month position is responsible for collaborating with faculty and staff to teach in support of the school’s mission and curricular goals and will report to the Head of the Middle Division. The ideal candidate would possess creative problem-solving skills, a sense of humor, enthusiasm for designing innovative curriculum, a positive attitude toward change and strong interpersonal skills that allows one to cooperate and collaborate effectively with others.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plan and implement motivating lessons in English Language Arts, Social Studies, and Math, which reflect knowledge of curriculum and students’ interests and abilities.
- Serve as a homeroom teacher to a group no greater than 16 students.
- Establish and implement rules for behavior, classroom procedures, and routines.
- Evaluate students' performance, including academic, behavioral and social-emotional.
- Prepare student reporting, which includes narrative descriptions of students' achievements and needs.
- Engage respectfully with families and demonstrate sensitivity to cultures, values, configurations, and beliefs.
- Communicate regularly with families about classroom happenings and student progress.
- Demonstrate a passion for lifelong learning and actively pursue professional development rooted in individual and schoolwide goals.
- Demonstrates a desire to meaningfully integrate technology into the classroom.
- Updates curriculum and materials as needed.
- Participate in the school community, including faculty and committee work, and school duties.
- Ensure that respect for diversity, equity, and inclusion is emphasized as a core value of the School, a shared responsibility in partnership with the school community.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of child development, best practices, and current trends in education.
- Demonstrated classroom management skills, including time, space, and materials for most effective learning.
- Experience in differentiated instruction.
- Creativity and innovation in both curriculum and instruction; ability to incorporate 21st century skills.
- Capable of generating high quality instructional materials.
- Outstanding interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills.
- Ability to integrate technology effectively into classroom instruction to enhance student learning.
- Skilled in creating a learning environment that is challenging, motivating and age-appropriate.
- Bachelor or Master Degree of Elementary Education degree required.
- At least 3 - 5 years teaching experience in elementary grades.
- Experience with Understanding by Design preferred.