Qualifications and Characteristics:
- Education: Bachelors degree in Social Work, Psychology, or related field preferred. Associates degree in related field, social services, education, child development.
- Experience: 2 years experience working with children preferred. Training and experience with domestic violence and sexual assault highly preferred.
- Training: 40-hour Domestic Violence training preferred but required after hire.
- Professional Approach: Demonstrates an empathic, non-judgmental, service-oriented attitude in work with clients. Recognizes clients as the experts of their own lives; partners with clients to recognize and build upon their strengths. Demonstrates an understanding of the impact of trauma on individuals and families. Familiarity/experience with short-term interventions (e.g. solution-focused; crisis intervention; trauma-focused) preferred.
- Personal: Demonstrates self-awareness, insight, and a commitment to ongoing professional growth. Values and practices respectful, non-violent communication. Models healthy boundaries and good self-care with clients and coworkers. Demonstrates knowledge and seeks personal growth in working with diverse cultural, ethnic, socioeconomic backgrounds.
- Technical: Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communications skills in both Spanish and English.
- Leadership: Responds appropriately in varied situations and is able to function independently. Demonstrates professionalism, flexibility, and good judgment. Demonstrates commitment to teamwork and collaborative decision-making.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) required for this position. Demonstrates effectiveness working with diverse populations.
- Must have privately owned vehicle, valid drivers license, good driving record and liability insurance.
- Position requires evening and occasional weekend availability.
- Position may require travel to other sites to provide service.
- Bilingual/Bicultural in Spanish/English is REQUIRED.
- Must be able to lift 50-pound child.
Located in Wheaton, Illinois, Family Shelter Service offers a competitive salary and flexible work schedule.
To apply for this position, please email a cover letter and your resume to: email@example.com
For more information about Family Shelter Service visit our website at: www.familyshelterservice.org
Family Shelter Service is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age or disability.