About the Organization:
Saint Patrick Academy has been a pillar in Portsmouth, NH and the Seacoast community for 148 years. The school is transitioning from a Parish school to an Independent Catholic School and building a new Pre-K – 8 school on its new campus in Portsmouth, NH. Our mission is to educate the whole child -- developing faith, character, scholarship, and leadership to provide each child with the skills necessary for success in life, high school, college, and community. Our students’ academic performance is exceptionally high and we are seeking to continue to improve our educational experience built within a joyfully Catholic community. We believe deeply that a faith filled environment enhances a student’s ability to achieve at high levels. Our model focuses on effective, rigorous instruction, data-driven decision-making, strong school culture, and strong partnerships with parents and the community. We are currently partnered with a range of community organizations and institutions including One World Language, Portsmouth Music and Arts Center and the Community Campus.
We are seeking a mission-driven 5th-6th Grade Math and Science teacher who is a practicing Catholic and possess’ a strong desire to foster high levels of academic achievement in a faith filled culture. The Academy is seeking a person who enjoys being part of a team and a vibrant community. The ideal candidate is someone who is committed to continuing his/her own learning and refining their practice to stay current in the field, to ensure we deliver a remarkable education for all. We offer small class sizes; professional development opportunities, regular observations, coaching and feedback. We believe strongly in providing support to our staff in order to enable strong teaching and learning in every classroom.
We also provide an innovate environment that encourages collaboration. Innovative independent Catholic schools are creating an educational renaissance and we are looking for mission driven individuals to join us in creating a bright future. We love great providing the students with great projects they are excited about!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Effectively instruct students in 5th-6th Science, Math and possibly Religion as prescribed by Saint Patrick Academy’s academic content standards through direct instruction, demonstration and using audio-visual aids and other materials to supplement presentations with the overall goal of engaging student learning.
- Work as part of interdisciplinary team and within content areas planning and aligning curricula to ensure that instruction follows curriculum guidelines or requirements of school.
- Set clear short-term and long-term goals to drive instruction.
- Focuses on student engagement and connection to the school to foster on-going school pride
- Build effective relationships with parents and community
- Develop and submit weekly and long range lesson plans containing standards, objectives, essential questions, and assessments; assign lessons and review homework.
- Consistently administer tests to evaluate student progress, record results, and issue meaningful reports to inform parents of progress.
- Create and implement student intervention plans when necessary for students.
- Maintain the school's student management policies and procedures (i.e., attendance records, dress code, etc.) and report to the school administrators when necessary.
- Maintain effective supervision and discipline in the classroom.
- Work with other teachers and administrators to address and resolve student issues.
- Provide necessary accommodations and modifications for growth and success of all students.
- Participate in faculty and professional meetings, educational conferences, and teacher training workshops.
- Lead and participate in student activities such as: sponsoring student activities or student organizations, coaching a sports team, working with parents and the community as part of a committee or group, provide morning or after school supervision, and chaperoning student activities.
- Abide by all state and federal mandates in reporting sexual or physical abuse and neglect.
- Participating in school and/or community events and special projects outside of primary teaching responsibility as assigned.