University of California, Santa Cruz
Early Education Services
JOB #: 1706999
FULL TIME; PARTIAL YEAR CAREER
Starting salary: $20.55/hourly
UCSC strives to embrace diversity in all its forms; it strives to be an inclusive community that fosters an open, enlightened & productive environment.
Colleges, Housing, and Educational Services (CHES) is a multi-funded organization within the Business and Administrative Services (BAS) division at the University of California (UC) Santa Cruz. CHES provides leadership in the areas of college student life and residential services, housing services, facilities, employee housing and capital planning, dining services, conference services, early education services, the Baytree Bookstore, ID card services, and business and financial analysis for these areas. Through these units, educational and developmental programs and services are offered to all members of the campus community including students, faculty, staff, children and external constituents.
Under the general supervision of the Site Supervisor of Early Education Services, the incumbent organizes and coordinates the care and developmental activities for infants, preschoolers, and school aged children. The Teacher II gives direction to the Teacher 1 and Assistant Teachers and supervises and trains student teaching assistants. The Teacher II is the senior level of the Child Development Center Teacher titles.
- Experience with, and knowledge of, infant, toddler and preschool developmental needs in social, emotional, cognitive, and physical areas.
- Experience with, and knowledge of current quality practices in the field of Early Childhood Education and the California Department of Education, Infant, Toddler and Preschool Foundations and Frameworks.
- Strong knowledge of Title 22 and Title 5 Regulations.
- Demonstrated ability to create and implement a developmentally appropriate program for children: e.g., curriculum, assessment, environment.
- Experience in giving direction to other adults in a child care center or other comparable program environment.
Position is open until filled; Initial Review Date: 03-07-2017
APPLICANTS ARE REQUIRED TO USE THE UCSC ON-LINE PROCESS
View full job description and access on-line application: https://jobs.ucsc.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=69649
To ensure review of application materials by the hiring unit they must be submitted electronically via the Staff Employment Opportunities web site (http://jobs.ucsc.edu ) on or before the initial review date. Computers are available at the UCSC Staff Human Resources office located at 1201 Shaffer Road, Santa Cruz. For further information or to request disability accommodation call 831-459-2009. Hearing impaired are encouraged to use the California Relay Service 800-735-2922. The University of California, Santa Cruz is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Copyright 2015 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency