Erikson Institute, a graduate school in child development located in downtown Chicago, is seeking to hire a Manager, Research and Proposal Development.
Roles & Responsibilities:
Working under the direction of the Director of Corporate and Foundation Relations, conducts research to identify new prospective funding sources and helps develop strategies of approach; writes and edits proposals, stewardship reports and other grant-related documents; oversees grants calendar and tracks performance; and keeps abreast of trends in early childhood funding.
- Work closely with the Director of CFR to develop strategies to generate revenue for Erikson programs and services through timely submission of grant/fund raising proposals.
- Research and identify private grant and gift opportunities, determining eligibility and recommending programs for possible funding applications.
- Research emerging early childhood grant-making priorities.
- Develop, write and/or edit materials, including proposals, reports, briefings for meetings with funders, and fact sheets. As needed, coordinate proposal and report development with Erikson staff.
- Enter all relevant information and action steps into contact records in Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge data system for easy retrieval.
- Prepare tracking, statistical and analysis report on corporate/foundation revenue performance.
- Maintain and disseminate a calendar for grant proposal submissions and grant reporting; ensure timely follow-up on proposal submissions.
- Create and maintain a library of proposal materials for department.
- Communicate as needed with potential funders.
- Maintain records that include all correspondence related to corporate and foundation grants.
- As needed, assist with all aspects of gift processing, including generating acknowledgment letters, processing grant agreements, and other paperwork required by funders.
- Coordinate meetings with Erikson staff to discuss funding needs.
- Collaborate with finance department to ensure the development of proposal budgets and timely submission of financial reports.
- Facilitate the internal proposal approval process.
- BA/BS degree and minimum 2-3 years experience in a Development office.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, attention to detail, analytical and organizational skills, ability to multi-task, work independently, prioritize efficiently in a fast-paced environment, and ability to relate well to others.
- Proficient word processing and spreadsheet skills; experience with all Windows and Microsoft Office applications, and Raiser’s Edge software or similar database system.
- Experience with Foundation Search or similar prospect research database preferred.
- Ability to carry out duties respecting the confidential nature of donor-related information and materials.
Founded in 1966, Erikson Institute is the nation's premier graduate school in child development. We improve the lives of young children and families through graduate and continuing education in child development, social work, and early childhood education, as well as through community programs and policy research. Erikson is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission. We offer a variety of employee benefits, including excellent health and dental plans, life/disability insurance, transit stipend, matching retirement contributions, and more. To learn more please visit:
Erikson Institute is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other classes protected by federal, state, or local laws. In addition, Erikson Institute provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans With Disabilities Act and applicable state and local laws (including during the application or hiring process).
To learn more, please visit our web site at www.erikson.edu
Please email or mail a cover letter, resume and two writing samples to:
Institutional Advancement Office
451 North LaSalle Street
Chicago, IL 60654
Subject line: Manager, Research and Proposal Development
NO phone inquiries accepted.