Establish and maintain a safe, healthy learning environment. To advance physical and intellectual competence. Support social and emotional development and to provide positive guidance. Establish positive and productive relationships with families. Ensure a well-run, purposeful program responsive to participant needs. Maintain a commitment to professionalism.
***SSM Health will implement a new minimum wage of $11 per hour throughout its four-state system which will take effect in January 2017. This job is one impacted by this increase. Learn morehere ***
- Continuous supervision of children and vigilance in the classrooms, on our playgrounds, and inside/outside of our building to maintain and report repair and safety issues. Continuous implementation of sanitation processes and important steps in reducing the spread of common infectious diseases or conditions among children and child care providers. All objects or any surface a child comes in contact with should be cleaned and sanitized or disinfected, including floors that could be contaminated and spread disease to staff.
- Interactions with children are frequent, appropriate, and responsive; showing affection, interest, and respect in a friendly, positive and courteous manner.
- Interactions with children support appropriate emotional development, social behaviors, and use a variety of teaching strategies to simulate and enhance their growth and development.
- Provides a safe, loving, caring, and balanced atmosphere in developmentally appropriate activities and challenging in skill sets appropriate for each child.
- Acts as role models; encourages and demonstrates health habits, safety, and nutritional practices to children.
- Celebrate and foster positive identity, sense of self, emotional well-being, and social skills; encourage children to think, reason, question, and experiment.
- Space is arranged following ECERS/ITERS criteria and provides safe, appropriate and challenging experiences.
- Play includes outdoor activities daily with a balance of free play and organized activity, developing physical skills and coordination while promoting team/group participation, collaboration, and cooperation.
- Interactions with co-workers are courteous, celebratory, informative, pleasant, conducted in a timely manner and includes communicating respectfully, sharing and collaborating plans to assure that children's needs are addressed above all others, and takes responsibility and initiative to appropriately resolved conflicts with staff members.
- Interactions with parents are respectful, supportive, courteous, celebratory, informative, and pleasant.
- Have and maintain a Child Development Associate (CDA) Credential (The Child Development Association Credential is the most widely recognized credential in early childhood education (ECE).
- Current certification in age appropriate first aid and cardiopulmonary resuscitation. The training shall be certified by a nationally-recognized organization, such as the American Red Cross of American Heart Association.
- Practicum experience relevant to the CDA. Minimum of 15 credit hours towards a degree in Child Development, Early Childhood, Elementary Education, Child & Family Studies or a related field can replace the required Child Care experience.
- Application for registration in the Family Care Safety Registry prior to beginning of employment
About SSM Health St. Francis Hospital – Maryville
SSM Health St. Francis Hospital – Maryville is an 81-bed full-service, fully-accredited healthcare organization providing medical care to the residents of Northwest Missouri. As a rural hospital, St. Francis offers emergency, maternity, behavioral health, inpatient, and outpatient services to meet the needs of our community.
***SSM Health will implement a new minimum wage of $11 per hour throughout its four-state system which will take effect in January 2017. This job is one impacted by this increase. Learn morehere