We are currently seeking candidates for the 2017-2018 school year. The Kindergarten teacher will create a nurturing, safe environment for our young children, providing instruction in reading, math and handwriting. The ideal candidate will have experience in a Kindergarten classroom, a strong knowledge of child development, knowledge of differentiation and inquiry-based learning, a natural aptitude for cultivating positive relationships with students and families, and will also be flexible, collaborative, a team player, a lifelong learner, and possess a true love, as well as passion for young children and their educational success. This candidate will also possess the qualities inherent in our core values of courage, teamwork, respect, integrity, passion and kindness.
Education/Experience Requirements: A Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood/Elementary Education or a related educational field. At least 2 years’ experience in an elementary classroom.
- Manage a classroom of 18-20 students.
- Provide tutorials as necessary for students in need of extra academic support.
- Communicate regularly with parents of students via letters, email, phone, and /or conferences.
- Attend weekly grade level team meetings as designated by the grade level lead.
- Attend mandatory faculty meetings and other events.
- Maintain a positive attitude and conduct oneself professionally with respect to students, faculty, parents and the community.
- Other duties, as assigned by the Head of Lower School.
- Ability to work nights or weekends as needed
- Flexible, result oriented, self starter
- Proficient in Microsoft office
- Able to manage multiple tasks and priorities
- Effective problem solving and analytical ability
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to work in a team environment