The Cyert Center for Early Education is excited to announce the opening of a second location at 6555 Penn Avenue. The Center for Early Education- Penn Avenue will be opening May 1, 2017. As a result, we are hiring 15 early childhood educators. Positions needed include infant, toddler and preschool educators. The Cyert Center is a community committed to the highest quality care and education for infants, toddlers, and young children. We believe that all children are thinkers, researchers, and problem solvers. Our program revolves around valuing the development of relationships, open dialogue, and collaboration, which we believe supports the development of strong relationships between all members of this communitychildren, parents, and educators and the communities beyond these walls. We view this expansion as one program in two locations.
The Early Childhood Educator has a passion for early childhood education, is a lifelong learner, demonstrates commitment to the Center's philosophy of the Reggio Emilia Approach and Developmentally Appropriate Practice, and upholds the NAEYC code of ethics. The position is responsible for providing a nurturing, consistent, developmentally appropriate environment that meets the cognitive, emotional, social, and physical needs of young children. The Early Childhood Educator develops and maintains parent relationships, and collaborates effectively with colleagues. This position reports to the Classroom Coordinator.
- Child Education and Care - Along with the educational team, educates and cares for young children, fostering their individual growth and development
- Program Development and Curriculum Delivery - Organizes a cohesive program and communicates the Center's philosophy (Reggio Emilia Approach and Developmentally Appropriate Practice)
- Team Building and Collaboration - Values collaboration and teamwork to co-create a curriculum that uses inquiry-based teaching strategies with an emphasis on collaborative learning
- Compliance and Safety - Adheres to The Department of Public Welfare licensing regulations and The National Association for the Education of Young Children's accreditation standards.
- Family Engagement - Develops regular, on-going, two-way communication with parents about children's experiences, development, and learning, and participates in planning, organization and dialogue/presentation for parent meetings.
- Professional Development - Commits to best practices and continued professional development and growth, earning twenty-four (24) hours of required professional development annually
You should demonstrate a passion for early childhood education and love of learning; ability to collaborate with other early childhood educators and accept feedback; respect for children and families and ability to show authenticity in all relationships; high energy level; ability to be creative, flexible, and enthusiastic; effective interpersonal skills necessary to work with young children, parents/guardians, other staff, and campus community; sensitivity to cultural differences. If selected, you must obtain all background clearances as may be required by Pennsylvania Act 153.
- Bachelor's Degree in Early Childhood Education, Child Development, Psychology, Elementary Education, or Special Education required
- One (1) or more years' experience in a full-day early childhood program
- Teaching Certificate preferred
- Knowledge of Reggio Approach through classwork, workshops, and/or seminars; participation in workshops and seminars on Early Childhood Education; and experience presenting at conferences, workshops, and seminars preferred
Please visit Why Carnegie Mellon to learn more about becoming part of an institution inspiring innovations that change the world. http://www.cmu.edu/jobs/why-cmu/index.html. A listing of employee benefits is available at: http://www.cmu.edu/jobs/benefits-at-a-glance/index.html.
Carnegie Mellon considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, gender, race, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.