Provide training related to the Quality Rating Improvement System (QRIS) as outlined in Purchase of Service Standards 11C5d, and assist with Quality Improvement Funds.
Assist child care providers as needed in completing an initial program assessment(s).
Promote the QRIS to providers within the CCR&R service delivery area (SDA) Will, Grundy, Kendall and Kankakee Counties.
Conduct assessments of child care programs using specified assessment tools and report results in Data Tracking Program (DTP).
Assist child care providers with developing and implementing quality improvement plans.
Conduct outreach and provide information of our services to all types of child care programs.
Quality Specialist shall use the state approved, INCCRRA provided Consultant Agreement with each child care provider requesting multiple consultation sessions to prepare for application to ExceleRate (QRIS).
Work with the other consultant team members in providing resources, referrals and guidance to providers related to improving quality.
Assist with planning, implementing, and training opportunities for providers.
Offer technical assistance and consultation services, both on-site and via phone or e-mail, to child care providers specific to the QRIS.
Quality Specialist shall use the Data Tracking Program (DTP) to record the activities with providers and create quality improvement plans. All data to be entered within 5 days after each activity with a provider.
Maintains required job skills and core professional competencies by attending and participating in staff development programs and staff meetings. Attend required/regular training meetings for Quality Specialists.
Assist with fund development campaigns.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in Child Development, Early Childhood Education, Social Work, Education, or related field.
• Meets general requirements for Personnel and Child Care Center Director in IL Licensing Standards for Child Care Centers. 18 Semester hours in Early Childhood Education or Child Development course work.
• Shall be an approved Trainer for the Gateways to Opportunity Registry within 6 months of employment. Shall complete required training related to QRIS within 18 months of employment.
• 2 years experience working in a child care center or family child care home.
• Must have own automobile with a valid driver's license and proof of insurance and ability to use same to complete all work related assignments.
• Strong oral and written communication skills and experience with training and/or public speaking.
• Demonstrate the ability to work cooperatively with individuals from various educational, socioeconomic, and cultural backgrounds. (Bi-lingual/Spanish a plus)
• May be required to carry, lift, or move equipment, material, or supplies weighing up to 40lbs.
• Ability to travel locally and attend occasional evening and weekend events.
Child Care Resource & Referral is the most comprehensive child care and early childhood education resource in Will, Grundy, Kendall and Kankakee Counties. Child Care Resource & Referral is a trustworthy partner for families, educators and employers with an experienced and dedicated staff helping match needs with the appropriate services, and facilitating access to any available financial assistanc...e. The result is greater peace of mind and confidence that families are receiving the best possible early childhood resources.