The Margaret N. Perry Children's Center at the University of Tennessee at Martin is currently accepting applications for a Child Care Assistant II. This position works closely with the director in the daily operation of the classroom to provide a fun, attentive and caring environment. The Child Care Assistant II serves as a team leader in an open classroom for children from one to thirty months of age. This position also supervises and mentors classroom teaching staff, student workers and volunteers, maintains the classroom and playground and communicates with parents and meet as needed to assess child's progress. The Child Care Assistant II must be familiar with and enforce child care standards set by the Department of Human Services
* Provide for the personal needs and care of each child enrolled in the classroom
* Supervise children inside the classroom as well as outside
* Plan, organize and implement developmentally appropriate activities for children ages twelve to thirty months
* Provide training, supervise and monitor teaching staff, student workers, and volunteers to guarantee that daily schedules and routines are followed.
* Monitor and supervise teaching staff to guarantee that the activities they plan for children are developmentally appropriate.
* Communicate with parents verbally and in writing about children's progress and conducts parent meetings as needed
* Provide and maintain a stimulating environment that meets 3-STAR guidelines
* Maintain daily, weekly and monthly records
* Plan, attend, and participate in extra-curricular programs
* Collaborate with director and other staff members to organize and maintain environment to support program goals
* Maintain the classroom and communicate potential problems to the director
* Required to take TECTA orientation classes at 1st available opportunity
* Must complete annual in-service training hours
* Must complete an annual physical
* Perform any other task needed to complete requirements
Minimum Qualifications: * High school degree and one year experience * Must be physically fit to lift at least 40 pounds * Must be capable of getting up and down from the floor, sitting in the floor, plus standing for extended periods of time * Possess good interpersonal skills, good written and verbal communication skills * Must be highly motivated and energetic
Preferred Qualifications: * Bachelor's degree in Family & Consumer Sciences, Education, or related field * Child Development Association Credential
Application Process: Applicants must apply online and attach a cover letter and resume Application Deadline: Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled Pay Grade 33 Salary commensurate with education and experience To view Annual Security & Fire Report - http://www.utm.edu/departments/publicsafety/index.php
The primary purpose of the University of Tennessee at Martin is to provide a quality undergraduate education in a traditional collegiate atmosphere characterized at all levels by close collaboration among students, faculty and staff. In addition, the university is dedicated to meeting lifelong educational needs by providing graduate programs, distance-learning opportunities and other creative ende...avors. Furthermore, the university is committed to advancing the regional and global community through scholarly activities, research and public service.