The Margaret N. Perry Children's Center at the University of Tennessee at Martin has 2 openings for a Child Care Assistant I. This position works closely with the lead teacher and plays an active part of the teaching team to guarantee that the daily operation of the classroom provides a safe, secure and nurturing environment. The Child Care Assistant I provides care and supervises children from birth to 36 months of age, supervises student workers and volunteers, maintains the classroom and playground and communicates with parents about the child's daily activities.
* Provide for the personal needs of each child enrolled in the classroom
* Supervise children inside the classroom and outside
* Plan, organize and implement developmentally appropriate activities for children ages birth to thirty six months.
* Supervise and guide student workers and volunteers to guarantee that daily schedules and routines are followed.
* Communicate with parents verbally and in writing about children's daily routines and progress
* Provide and maintain a stimulating environment that meets 3-STAR guidelines
* Maintain daily records for parents
* Attend, and participate in extra-curricular programs
* Collaborate with director and other staff members to organize and maintain environment to support program goals
* Maintain the classroom and communicate potential problems to the lead teacher
* Required to take TECTA orientation classes at 1st available opportunity
* Must complete annual in-service training hours
* Must complete an annual physical
* Perform any other task needed to complete requirements
Minimum Qualifications * High school diploma and 6 to 12 month experience * Must be physically fit to lift at least 40 pounds * Must be capable of getting up and down from the floor, sitting in the floor, plus standing for extended periods * Possess good interpersonal skills, good written and verbal communication skills * Must be highly motivated and energetic
Preferred Qualifications * Child Development Association Credential
Application Process: Applicants must apply online and attach a cover letter and resume Application Deadline: Review of applicants will begin immediately and will continue until the positions are filled Pay Grade 32 Salary commensurate with education and experience To view Annual Security & Fire Report - http://www.utm.edu/departments/publicsafety/index.php
The primary purpose of the University of Tennessee at Martin is to provide a quality undergraduate education in a traditional collegiate atmosphere characterized at all levels by close collaboration among students, faculty and staff. In addition, the university is dedicated to meeting lifelong educational needs by providing graduate programs, distance-learning opportunities and other creative ende...avors. Furthermore, the university is committed to advancing the regional and global community through scholarly activities, research and public service.